It's not NIL or the roster, Jim | The Boneyard

It's not NIL or the roster, Jim

Reaction Score
This is the first time I've posted this, but after 2 and a half years of Mora, please just go Jim. Don't hurt this program any more than it has been. And, the next time one of your receivers runs a route shorter than to the first down line, they should chase you off the field. 3rd and 9 or 4th and eight, require you pick up 8 yards. Why don't your receivers know that, Jim?

Reaction Score
I think it is now clear that he has given up on this team and likely the program. Multiple opportunities squandered on offense and absolutely pathetic defense down the stretch. Again playing not to lose rather than playing to win. The USF QB could have filled out a crossword puzzle by the time the defense would get to him. OC has to go as well. Really feel bad for the players. They try. Can't fault them.

Reaction Score
I think it is now clear that he has given up on this team and likely the program. Multiple opportunities squandered on offense and absolutely pathetic defense down the stretch. Again playing not to lose rather than playing to win. The USF QB could have filled out a crossword puzzle by the time the defense would get to him. OC has to go as well. Really feel bad for the players. They try. Can't fault them.

Well, I can’t say I am thrilled with Coach Mora and his staff this season but He is not the one out there on the field with Butterfingers on crucial passes and crucial easy interceptions. At some point, you have to just say that the players need to make the plays…

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
We could not stop the USF passing game in the second half. Their OC made an adjustment - and we had no DC, except the head coach, to counter.

Please Jim Mora, for the love of god, hire a defensive coordinator.

Reaction Score
Well, I can’t say I am thrilled with Coach Mora and his staff this season but He is not the one out there on the field with Butterfingers on crucial passes and crucial easy interceptions. At some point, you have to just say that the players need to make the plays…
Yeah ok. That's why we tried to play keep away as soon as we had a lead. And why we came out looking awful

Reaction Score
Mora seems to be really struggling with basics. I can’t imagine why his team is so unprepared and incapable of learning from the persistent and repeating mistakes on the field. Before throwing the baby out with the bath water, we need to get a DC and replace the numb nuts pretending to be an OC. The shame of it is we have a QB coming into his own, and they just won’t let him loose. Just terrible.

Reaction Score
At this point it ain't Mora. He has put the players in a position to win. He had them in a position to win today. It is players who simply can NOT make plays even when they have easy opportunities to do so. They are toast. Simply beaten down.

Mora is responsible for the early season thrashings. His teams do not start the season ready to go. But at this point he does have them playing well enough to win. They don't win because they don't make plays.

Reaction Score
At this point it ain't Mora. He has put the players in a position to win. He had them in a position to win today. It is players who simply can NOT make plays even when they have easy opportunities to do so. They are toast. Simply beaten down.

Mora is responsible for the early season thrashings. His teams do not start the season ready to go. But at this point he does have them playing well enough to win. They don't win because they don't make plays.
Please. We came out flat and turtled when it mattered.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Wrong. I see no evidence of him quitting on the team.

Reaction Score
Please. We came out flat and turtled when it mattered.
We dropped easy interceptions on both the 4th quarter TD drives. That would have ended both drives and given us great field position. That is ultimately what cost us the game. Catch those two balls throw to us by the USF QB and we win.

Yes the defense collapsed and played terribly but it wouldn't have mattered if we made a couple of very simple plays when they were gifted to us. Tough to blame that on Mora.

Reaction Score
Once we get a lead, we are always playing not to lose instead of trying to put the game away. Offense gets even more vanilla, prevent D with with no blitzing or pressure.
It was the same thing at rice. Luckily, we were able to hold on.

Reaction Score
We had that pass interference that wasn't called, and it went downhill after that. Defense gave USF QB all day to throw with no pressure at all. Their OC made the adjustments and cut through our defense like butter.

Just another terrible ending.

Reaction Score
We dropped easy interceptions on both the 4th quarter TD drives. That would have ended both drives and given us great field position. That is ultimately what cost us the game. Catch those two balls throw to us by the USF QB and we win.

Yes the defense collapsed and played terribly but it wouldn't have mattered if we made a couple of very simple plays when they were gifted to us. Tough to blame that on Mora.
So you really want to tell me that our rosters were not evenly matched today? Do you really think USF had more talent? Do you think we went scoreless in the third and first quarter because of the players?

Reaction Score
So you really want to tell me that our rosters were not evenly matched today? Do you really think USF had more talent? Do you think we went scoreless in the third and first quarter because of the players?
They gave up 3 points at end of first half. Not sure the call, but we should have had oppty for FG attempt. I’ll give that to coaching miss. -3

Fumble in 1st qtr, player execution.
Fumble in 4th, player execution.
-7 (assume they score)

Defensive puckering in 4th coaching. -14

Despite all this, the team still had a chance until Roberson coughed it up.

This team could easily be 3-4. Coaching hasn’t been perfect. And players haven’t executed, and the margin of error can’t make up that gap. It’s that simple.

Learning to win is a process. We haven’t gotten there. Hopefully, it’s when you have a season like this that the next season you see a pop in wins. With transfers, they are a wildcard in the process, so who knows.

I do not think Mora has given up. I think he does need to elevate his coaching staff.

Reaction Score
They gave up 3 points at end of first half. Not sure the call, but we should have had oppty for FG attempt. I’ll give that to coaching miss. -3

Fumble in 1st qtr, player execution.
Fumble in 4th, player execution.
-7 (assume they score)

Defensive puckering in 4th coaching. -14

Despite all this, the team still had a chance until Roberson coughed it up.

This team could easily be 3-4. Coaching hasn’t been perfect. And players haven’t executed, and the margin of error can’t make up that gap. It’s that simple.

Learning to win is a process. We haven’t gotten there. Hopefully, it’s when you have a season like this that the next season you see a pop in wins. With transfers, they are a wildcard in the process, so who knows.

I do not think Mora has given up. I think he does need to elevate his coaching staff.
So we don't want to mention the awful special teams every week? Or the decision to let McFadden keep kicking when Ruelas can regularly put it through the end zone?

Imagine being the special teams coach and head coach. You routinely have a kicker who puts it to the 10 and a kick off team that can't tackle and let's opponents start at the 40 multiple times per game

You have a kicker on your bench who can almost put it through the upright on the kick off and you don't let him kick off? He also has a better kicking history than the existing guy and you... don't make him the place kicker?

This is the stuff that costs us games and it's all coaching. Not putting the right guys out there and not playing to players strengths is coaching. It's terrible

Reaction Score
This is the first time I've posted this, but after 2 and a half years of Mora, please just go Jim. Don't hurt this program any more than it has been. And, the next time one of your receivers runs a route shorter than to the first down line, they should chase you off the field. 3rd and 9 or 4th and eight, require you pick up 8 yards. Why don't your receivers know that, Jim?
This is only Mora’s second season here

Reaction Score
that PI that wasn't called was a key play in the game..the defensive back pushed Clercius out of bounds well before the ball arrived. they score TD there and it is a 2 score advantage and a field goal would be up by 7. Officials clearly blew that one and they had a lot of questionable calls, but they are all knowing. the tackling was abysmal. Carter Hooper had Brown stopped if he just wrapped him up, but He spun off of him and got a critical 1st down. It would have been 4th and about 8. So many players were hitting but not wrapping up. That 4th quarter is a main reason that Charlton has to go 3 weeks ago.

Reaction Score
This is only Mora’s second season here
There are some serious problems that ultimately stop at the top of the organization. The decision to keep Charlton is on Mora. The decision to run without a DC is on Mora. The decision to allow an incompetent special teams coach to keep running special teams is on Mora. The decision not to pay up for quality coaches is on Benedict. The lack of an effective NIL program is on Benedict. The inability to close a deal with the B12 is on Benedict, the trustees and the State. Everywhere it matters we have failures to execute. Forget the players, the people at the top of food chain are delivering.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom