It's not coach P, it's DeLeone | The Boneyard

It's not coach P, it's DeLeone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think at this point, I'd rather see Moorhead's offense from last year, and I think he should be upstairs in the coordinator's booth. If you can get 2 stinking yards, you shouldn't be calling plays, they didn't even try a running play to get the first down.

Reaction Score
It wasn't Moorehead's offense last year, it was Edsall's. Moorehead led a much more dynamic offense at Akron. Edsall muzzled him. We still have zero idea what Moorehead can or can't do. Unfortunately, DeLeone is a PP buddy and firing or demoting him would be hard personally. DeLeone probably has a long leash.

Reaction Score
It wasn't Moorehead's offense last year, it was Edsall's. Moorehead led a much more dynamic offense at Akron. Edsall muzzled him. We still have zero idea what Moorehead can or can't do. Unfortunately, DeLeone is a PP buddy and firing or demoting him would be hard personally. DeLeone probably has a long leash.
Agreed, Moorehead's offense also lit up the scoreboard on several occasions two years ago....ND, Cincy, South Carolina, WV.

Reaction Score
That play where Deshon Foxx threw it back to McEntee was beautiful. He had two routes parallel going across the field to choose from, he had Griffin WIIIDE open for a first down ... and the ball sailed over Griffin's head.

Do people not see how the playbook has to be toned down because of the personnel?

Reaction Score
I agree... the playbook needs to be toned down.... considerably... Our kids don't know what hell to do out there...

Reaction Score
That play where Deshon Foxx threw it back to McEntee was beautiful. He had two routes parallel going across the field to choose from, he had Griffin WIIIDE open for a first down ... and the ball sailed over Griffin's head.

Do people not see how the playbook has to be toned down because of the personnel?
Of course we do, that's why we are up in arms about 3 straight pass plays when we need 2 yards for a first down in the final minutes. We are looking for them to tone it down, especially in situations like that. Trick plays etc. are great at certain times. Difficult pass plays by a poor QB on 2nd, 3rd and 4th and 2, not so much. If we get one of those first downs, Johny gets to keep working what was a good drive. If we score, not only do we win but we get an inexperienced quarterback some much needed confidence and swagger.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Difficult pass plays by a poor QB on 2nd, 3rd and 4th and 2, not so much.

I think you are shaping the facts here to fit your POV. Where on the difficult scale do you put a short pass to your wide-open 1st read? From where I sat both pass plays were closer to the not difficult side.

Reaction Score
If the passes were completed no one would question the play calling - it is the EXECUTION of the plays. It is the coach/coordinators job to put the team in a postition to do the right things - then the players have to do their thing. I have not seen any plays that were called that were too crazy or difficult.

Reaction Score
I think you are shaping the facts here to fit your POV. Where on the difficult scale do you put a short pass to your wide-open 1st read? From where I sat both pass plays were closer to the not difficult side.

totally right. no progressions, no reading a defense, no crazy misdirection before the throw.....just find the guy and throw the ball to him. both times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom