It's Memphis Tomorrow | The Boneyard

It's Memphis Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And they only have 1 way in, through us. I like the way we're playing especially DHam and Jalen.

Reaction Score
And they basically got a bye today. Houston and Tulsa's no shows this tourney could play a factor tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Memphis is a top 70 team on KenPom, so they're certainly no push over, and Lawson and Goodwin are really good. They key is to not get bogged down by the general sloppiness and lack of discipline that a Pastner coached team brings to the table.

Reaction Score
battle of front courts, but I think the huskies are just deeper bring two impact players off the bench. Hopefully we can get Goodwin in some foul trouble

Reaction Score
Play hard, win, enjoy selection Sunday. Two days ago, it was pretty unclear, now it's all out there for our kids. It's going to be a great day.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty nervous about this game. Still not sure how we won the game in Storrs ( the infamous standing in 110 game.) Burrell didn't play in the blowout win. They're obviously a talented team and now with the tournament in their sights that is dangerous. Additionally, we've seen how hard it is to beat a team 3x.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty nervous about this game. Still not sure how we won the game in Storrs ( the infamous standing in 110 game.) Burrell didn't play in the blowout win. They're obviously a talented team and now with the tournament in their sights that is dangerous. Additionally, we've seen how hard it is to beat a team 3x.
Yup. I am terrified of that front line.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this 3x thing. It definitely is difficult but really we should've been 3-1 against Cincy and Temple. We were reeling against Memphis at the Gampel game but handled them pretty easily on the road. They're an enigma but I think we finish the job tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Last time we beat Memphis 3 times in a year, we know what happened

Reaction Score

The game where they took a lead late in the 1st half and then never gave it up?

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The game where they took a lead late in the 1st half and then never gave it up?
Weren't we losing with under a minute to go in that one?

Reaction Score
Weren't we losing with under a minute to go in that one?
I remember them controlling the entire 2nd half and then in typical fashion trying to hand Memphis the game on a silver platter but hanging on.

edit: you're right, Memphis took a short lead with a 3 from the corner, then UConn made free throws to take back control. But they did control pretty much that entire 2nd half.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I remember them controlling the entire 2nd half and then in typical fashion trying to hand Memphis the game on a silver platter but hanging on.

edit: you're right, Memphis took a short lead with a 3 from the corner, then UConn made free throws to take back control. But they did control pretty much that entire 2nd half.
Yeah I remember thinking we'd played better than we had in a while and being shocked that we might lose anyway. But we didn't, so it's good.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
It's our duty to make sure a truly undeserving Memphis team does not redeem their season tomorrow

Reaction Score
Memphis is a talented team that has won their last three games by a combined 72 points. They're just one of those teams that makes college basketball the most unpredictable sport on the planet. Who knows...if they beat us tomorrow, I'd have to think they're pretty scary as a 12 or 13 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom