It's hard to win on the road against anyone in this conference. | The Boneyard

It's hard to win on the road against anyone in this conference.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We are now 4-3 on the road in conference. The one that stings for me is the SHU loss after the covid pause. Really thought we played well enough to win it. The Kadari stuff was flukey.

Still, as nice as 5-2 would have been, we've largely done the job here.

We only have 2 road games left in our last 6. One is the only "SHOULD WIN" road game in the conference at Gtown. The other is a Creighton team I'm excited to get another shot at.

5-1 is not out of the question down the stretch.

Reaction Score
We’ve already lost 2 home game one to a bottom half team
We have a chance to avenge Creighton which would look good on the resume.
Home wins over SH and Nova would be great

Reaction Score
I agree. This team needed a win like this for confidence and proof they can survive win close games, especially on the road. Only good things can come out of this, starting on the trip back home.

This game could be the turning point of our season.

Reaction Score
This was a game we should win and we did. Good grief, the Johnnies will be lucky to finish above .500. If w e can’t win road games against teams of that caliber we might as well call the NEC about their openings. You guys really have bought the whole New Big East is sooo tough foolishness that Fox is trying to sell. The Johnnies are a decidedly average basketball team. They have lost six games at home. Their 10 wins include 8 cupcakes, MS Valley, Fordham, Monmouth, FDU, St Francis of Brooklyn, NJIT, ST Peter’s, Colgate. So it isn’t like they are unbeatable. They beat DePaul and Georgetown at home. Not exactly 1970 UCLA and 2004 UConn. I’m glad we won but honestly, losing to St Johns would have been more embarrassing tha n losing at home to Ctreighton

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This was a game we should win and we did. Good grief, the Johnnies will be lucky to finish above .500. If w e can’t win road games against teams of that caliber we might as well call the NEC about their openings. You guys really have bought the whole New Big East is sooo tough foolishness that Fox is trying to sell. The Johnnies are a decidedly average basketball team. They have lost six games at home. Their 10 wins include 8 cupcakes, MS Valley, Fordham, Monmouth, FDU, St Francis of Brooklyn, NJIT, ST Peter’s, Colgate. So it isn’t like they are unbeatable. They beat DePaul and Georgetown at home. Not exactly 1970 UCLA and 2004 UConn. I’m glad we won but honestly, losing to St Johns would have been more embarrassing tha n losing at home to Ctreighton
They’ve lost to exactly the same teams as us and us.

Reaction Score

We get it. You have no respect for the Big East.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Everyone except for Georgetown.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I get the sentiment but SJ at the garden isn’t really a road game.

Reaction Score
We are now 4-3 on the road in conference. The one that stings for me is the SHU loss after the covid pause. Really thought we played well enough to win it. The Kadari stuff was flukey.

We only have 2 road games left in our last 6. One is the only "SHOULD WIN" road game in the conference at Gtown. The other is a Creighton team I'm excited to get another shot at.

We`ve hit the meat of the schedule and we`re 2-3. This team is 2-5 against the top 5 teams in conference and both those wins were against Marquette. We play 3 teams in a row that we`ve already lost to this season. February has already been bad this stretch could make it a disaster. We go 0-3 and we are on the bubble and will have a tough road in the BET. Its make or break time.

Reaction Score
We played like crap. We were lucky to win. Let’s not try and make this into something it isn’t.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We’ve already lost 2 home game one to a bottom half team
We have a chance to avenge Creighton which would look good on the resume.
Home wins over SH and Nova would be great
I am thinking the boys want this bad. Of course for a win, but Creighton is a huge thorn. I have this feeling our guys are going to body slam them.

Reaction Score

The guys who matchup against Kadari are playing well right now. In particular defensively. Really impressed with the defense against Champagnie. I like our chances this time.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We played like crap. We were lucky to win. Let’s not try and make this into something it isn’t.
Sesame Street Oscar GIF

Reaction Score
Nobody is chest bumping. We are just happy we won. It was beyond ugly but we don't get style points. We missed everything.

Reaction Score
We`ve hit the meat of the schedule and we`re 2-3. This team is 2-5 against the top 5 teams in conference and both those wins were against Marquette. We play 3 teams in a row that we`ve already lost to this season. February has already been bad this stretch could make it a disaster. We go 0-3 and we are on the bubble and will have a tough road in the BET. Its make or break time.
Or this next stretch could make February amazing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
lucky to get out of MSG with a win. Both teams did things that could have cost them the win. Some UConn players just woke up in the final minute. It's a win but nothing to write home about. THANK YOU IW and TM - on to the Hall game and hopefully UConn will not let on opposing player beat them this time - beat Hall and Xavier and things will look OK Lets go Dawgs

Reaction Score
This was a COMPOSURE win. The game did not go perfect (few do) a call or two sucked in the final 5min (that happens as well) but the team and the coach kept their you-know-what together and got the win.

Every Big East team except the Hoyas is going to throw solid punches. Especially at home. And especially against Uconn. Execution and focus. And that's what the team did in MSG.

Composure wins games.

Reaction Score
I wish Danny’s Dad could show up at every game, DH seemed a little more cautious with his behaviour.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom