It's happening again | The Boneyard

It's happening again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
That BS walk call on Miller that should have been a jump ball really gunna screw us over right now????

Reaction Score
It really is terrible. How do they make the same mistakes over and over again. They are not good enough to deflate the basketball. They should just ignore the clock and run offense. Feed Miller. If they are doubling him or fronting him, figure out a way to get him the ball. Give him a off ball screen to free him up. Give him the ball at the free throw line so he can isolate. He is the most efficient player on this team.

Great win. But I am still discouraged.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It really is terrible. How do they make the same mistakes over and over again. They are not good enough to deflate the basketball. They should just ignore the clock and run offense. Feed Miller. If they are doubling him or fronting him, figure out a way to get him the ball. Give him a off ball screen to free him up. Give him the ball at the free throw line so he can isolate. He is the most efficient player on this team.

dolt

Reaction Score
Why would anyone be discouraged? We didn't play our best D, but it was against arguably a top-10 team in the nation(I know they are ranked 21 but the ban has alot to do with that IMO) and we won. Brimah played one of his best games in a UCONN jersey, Jalen was electric in the second half, and Calhoun played great as well, just to name a few. C'mon, we've been through ALOT worse this season to feel any discouragement about this win.

Reaction Score

If you are discouraged I strongly suggest to stop watching UConn basketball. That win essentially assured us a spot in the tourney. Really discouraging.

Reaction Score
The same way you can be encourage after some tough losses. If you want to read my comment as black and white then go ahead. I am just trying to have a real discussion about our end game strategy. There were no obvious changes that I saw. Temple made the open 3's off rebounds SMU did not.

It was a great game. Great win. I want this team to play better to finish games.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you are discouraged I strongly suggest to stop watching UConn basketball. That win essentially assured us a spot in the tourney. Really discouraging.
No it didn't, not in this conference

Reaction Score

You can be upset they didn't beat Temple either time especially the 2nd one. But this is a good win - really good teams make runs and SMU is just that. Held them off and fought hard to do so - you have to smile about that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Very happy!
Agree we suck on killing the clock and wish we din't do it.
But you have to expect a team like SMU to come back at you after we had our run. This wasn't Temple.
And we did enough that even with a questionable call or two, we never lost the lead.

When did we learn to rebound like that? Great game. AB, Shonn, OC and JA get game balls. We did this with sub-par offense from DHam, Gibbs & Purvis? Normally that is death for us. Great game!

Reaction Score
You can be upset they didn't beat Temple either time especially the 2nd one. But this is a good win - really good teams make runs and SMU is just that. Held them off and fought hard to do so - you have to smile about that.

Hey i'm incredibly happy they won. So discouraged wasn't the ideal word choice. I was trying to agree with the OP that our end game offensive philosophy is not effective with this team. We do not have Bazz, Kemba or Boat to bail them out.

They need to start their offense with 20 seconds left and take the best shot available even if there is 12+ seconds on the clock. They need to feed Miller. And if he is doubled or fronted then use him as a decoy to get a better look. I was hoping to see a change this game regarding that.

Reaction Score
I'm not at all discouraged and very happy with the win, but I do have to echo the sentiments about the stall ball. This team just is not good enough to execute late in the shot clock to keep going to that well. This isn't the 09, 04, or the 90 teams that can run an efficient offense while simultaneously milking the clock, and there is no Bazz or Kemba to bail them out in a expiring shot clock situation. Just keep running the offense man.

Reaction Score
Great team win. Great game by Brimah! I was starting to get that feeling again at the end when they settled for jump shots. Hamilton took a few really bad contested threes in the game and went 4-11 I think. As others stated I didn't like that they stopped playing their game late. I think they need to keep the foot on the gas. As John Wooden said be quick but don't hurry.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I think you guys are being purposely tough if you don't see what giddy up is saying... He clearly isn't being negative, but everyone else isn't "happy but was worried for 2 game minutes" as he was? Please, be honest rather than ripping him by taking his words out of context.

I'm thrilled they won, and ultimately they made enough plays. But I was neeeeerrrrrvous.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are being purposely tough if you don't see what giddy up is saying... He clearly isn't being negative, but everyone else isn't "happy but was worried for 2 game minutes" as he was? Please, be honest rather than ripping him by taking his words out of context.

I'm thrilled they won, and ultimately they made enough plays. But I was neeeeerrrrrvous.

Yeah all good on that. Only thing I'd say that maybe "discouraged" is the wrong word tonight. Still concerned on a couple things? Yeah I hear ya, that's all. But I hear both of you but prefer to get some sleep with a positive smile on the face. Good win no matter.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Ollie are you doing, stall ball. Really???
Seems like SMU's game plan was to take away the easy baskets on transition by getting back on D throughout the game. SMU played pretty well defensively IMO.
It really looked like playing for a good percentage shot rather than just hoisting up threes as the shot clock ran out. No transition baskets, play for the good shot.
Considering the defense SMU put up that was not so easy. UConn was well into the second half without a turnover.

Reaction Score
You guys are wrong to be jumping on Giddyup. It's a great win with a ton of positives, the last 4 minutes are not one of them. We had the game locked up if we just played normally. The place was rocking and we were coming off an awesome play and Ollie burned a timeout for some reason. We came back out and started running 30 seconds off the clock and settling for some desperation shots. We won but that's not how you close out games, it's burned us several times this season and just isn't a winning strategy. Great win though, if we can figure out how to remedy this we will be a really tough out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom