Its Gameday - what are our expectations?!? | The Boneyard

Its Gameday - what are our expectations?!?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I bought tickets - knew I wouldnt be able to go because of work (year end nature of my line of business - some years more than others), but then I also had the flu run through my house this weekend and so even if I had a flight lined up I would SOL for travel.

Expectations for today;
1) Play this game a full 60 minutes. No quit, all dawg the entire way. Watched some games on saturday, pretty clear at times some programs are just looking to get through it and move on. Let that not be us regardless of the outcome.
2) On offense, find Ross and Marion early. Very early in the game. That will immediately change the Marshall D plan. If they direct their attention to those guys then find Joly or Clercius.
3) Also on offense, don't forget about Burns. Give the super senior the rock today - at least 7 times, maybe 12.
4) We dont have to worry about tomorrow - lets ZT run today. A few scrambles will change everything. Encourage the runs, tuck the ball.
5) On defense I would play a mix of bend dont break and aggressive blitzing in the first half and adjust from there. Send blitzers from all positions. Rotate that DL some to keep it fresh so that in Q4 they can wear down that Marshal OL. Really look at half time to make the adjustments.
6) If we can be +2 in turnovers, then maybe we can win 23-20, if not probably lose by more than 12 and do not cover.
7) Lastly - lets remember the Fresno game, that is the kind of grinder we need to play here.

Reaction Score
My expectations aren’t high, I just want a full 60 minute effort and good offensive play calling to keep things exciting

Reaction Score
Just..WIN!!!
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Play hard for 60 minutes and maybe we get a W today. It’s been about a month since their last game so I’d expect them to be rusty at the start, but it’s also given them time to get healthy, so I feel like we have a decent shot today.

Reaction Score
I expect Rosa to go off, Joly to have field day and the defense to being hungry for the ball

Reaction Score
Bowls are a total crap shoot predicting. You don't know what either team will look like coming off the long layoffs, and you don't know if either team will have already packed it in mentally.

Marshall was better than us over the course of the season and we were a lousy team away from home. If each team gives it their best shot and plays relatively well, they will beat us. But who knows if either of those will happen. All you can control is playing as hard and as well as you can and see what happens. My guess is that we will play as hard as we can. Beyond that -- well, that's why we play the games.

Reaction Score
Let's win. Get some positive vibes going into the portal season and build up fan excitement for 2023. We can win a lot of games next year, and I think it starts with a win today. Build the program momentum.

Reaction Score
Bowls are a total crap shoot predicting. You don't know what either team will look like coming off the long layoffs, and you don't know if either team will have already packed it in mentally.

Marshall was better than us over the course of the season and we were a lousy team away from home. If each team gives it their best shot and plays relatively well, they will beat us. But who knows if either of those will happen. All you can control is playing as hard and as well as you can and see what happens. My guess is that we will play as hard as we can. Beyond that -- well, that's why we play the games.
Bowls are so dependent on who wants it more. I have to think Mora and the guys are fired up for this. Overcame a ton this year, first bowl in a long time, ect.

Alot to me goes to how much does Marshall want it? If they want it less than we do than I think we can win but if they show up as fired up as we are then we may struggle a bit

Reaction Score
They have a very good running game and we don’t have a great run defense.

We have a good running game but they have a good run defense.

I think we will have our moments but a win will be really tough but not impossible.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
On offense, it looks like both teams are run first. So as with most games this season, the key battle is in the trenches. I'm looking forward to watching it this evening. I expect to Huskies to keep it close and at least win ATS.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Shouldn’t be a surprise with their proximity but a lot of Marshall green around the stadium. Good number of UConn folks too - I’m curious what it will look like inside.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think we're going to lose but maybe we won't.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They have a massive OLine and a stout running game. UConn is going to need all its DLinemen to perform by taking up the blockers and freeing linebackers to make plays.

I want to see defense stop the run at first contact and gang tackle all day long.

On offense if what we are reading about Brewton, Ross and Marion is true, I want some new wrinkles or see hope that Charlton's offensive mindset is greater than what we have seen most of this year. I want hope that if QB's are healthy and skill position players are healthy that Charlton has an aggressive mindset.

Oh yeah. And a win.

Reaction Score
This game is about preparing for next season. Pass atleast 30 times. We need to see if Turner is the quarterback of the future.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This game is about preparing for next season. Pass atleast 30 times. We need to see if Turner is the quarterback of the future.
Disagree. Next season starts in the spring. It's been 12 years. I, for at least one, would like UConn to walk away with a winning season.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I guaranty you that the coaches are scheming to win, and not to learn things about the team for next year.

Yeah, put me in the group of not trying to make this game revolve around the QB.

Reaction Score
I guaranty you that the coaches are scheming to win, and not to learn things about the team for next year.
I respect that you wanted to win this game like diehard fans should, but it was 30 passing attempts this game like I said. The staff spent a lot of time recruiting transfers for next year during the weekend prior to the game instead of prepping for the game. It's clear the staff wants to prepare for next year. Maybe that's a good decision or maybe it's bad, but it's reality.

Reaction Score
I respect that you wanted to win this game like diehard fans should, but it was 30 passing attempts this game like I said. The staff spent a lot of time recruiting transfers for next year during the weekend prior to the game instead of prepping for the game. It's clear the staff wants to prepare for next year. Maybe that's a good decision or maybe it's bad, but it's reality.
LOL. You think we threw 30 times to prepare for next year? you don’t think that maybe, just maybe, the fact that we couldn’t run a lick in the first half and fell behind by 14 almost instantly and 28 at one point had something to do with it?

Interesting take. Oh — and coaches are always recruiting. What in the world does that have to do with gameplanning for something other than trying to win the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom