It's game time for Breanna, Morgan, and Moriah | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's game time for Breanna, Morgan, and Moriah

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Trash..... do you think Alexis Jones can start for us next year?
who do you start her in place of? Won't Wells be back? and you started her for 10 games and Gray as well. u think she'd start in front of them? either way she's fantastic. Duke is going to be a force for at least 3 years...

Reaction Score
All Star games aren't aways a good indicator of what is to come, but it's obvious that the three Uconn recruits are complete players. All very special in their own way.

Stewart brings the ball up like she's 5'6" bent forward like Hartley. Remarkably long arms. Very smooth coordinated movement. As the announcer said, WNBA ready movement and shooting No flaws.

MoJef a jet, passing, dribbling, defending. Dribble drive take-off two feet inside the foul line and lands beyond the end line.

Tuck, so solid and always in the thick of things.

At times in the 2nd half it seemed like there were only Uconn recruits on the floor, given the number of times Uconn was mentioned. An embarassment of riches.

I am worried though. This is too good to be true.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Bree came one day late, due to NYHS Championship game. Being this is an All Star game, there is not much passing going on.

I thought Bree was frozen out by her team mates in the first half. Not intentionally. Just that they all look to shoot first, not to pass.

I agree. It is so easy to see how you could build an offense that runs through her. Her shot was not on for most of the game but she showed signs of brilliance and skills that nobody else on the court had.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, she can start. She is a playmaker. She can create her own shot and find her teammates with great passes.
In terms of overall talent and high school ranking and accomplishments, Alexis Jones is very comparable to Chelsea Gray. Some think that Jones is at least as good as MoJeff.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Tuck was a stud. She finishes really well around the basket. She is strong as a horse.

MoJeff is a show-boater. Lots of no look passes. Geno and Shea will teach her to concentrate more, and show-boat less. She missed a couple of shots she should have made in the first half. Then she made some great shots and passes in the 2nd half. Including a 3 from the deep corner that tied the game in the last 2 minutes. There were very few passers on the court; but Bre often passed to teammates when she had fairly easy shots available for herself. Mo and Morgan were also trying to play team basketball.

Bre took over the game in the last 4 minutes --- because she had to in order for her team to win.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
In terms of overall talent and high school ranking and accomplishments, Alexis Jones is very comparable to Chelsea Gray. Some think that Jones is at least as good as MoJeff.

Jones looked less erratic than Jefferson. Jefferson got caught up a little too much in trying to show off her dribbling skills, but then again, it is an all-star game. Jones definitely had that get-to-the-basket mentality, always moving forward. But Jefferson has so much speed that she is going to be Odyssey Sims like on defense.

Tuck was very solid throughout the entire game. Nothing flashy, just business-like efficiency.

I was surprised to see how far some of Stewart's shots were off, missing the entire basket, but she got clicking at the end of the game and it was obvious that she is much better than her early game performance. Her arm length is impressive!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes, she can start. She is a playmaker. She can create her own shot and find her teammates with great passes.

She's supposed to be an outstanding defense player as well. One thing we lacked this year was multiple people who could create there own shot.... outside of Gray and Jackson (who got injured). And you know our coach loves people who can play defense.

I think they can thrive in the backcourt together. One of the scouting reports I read said that maybe she was a better off guard then point. On defense you could have Jones guard the pg.. and Gray could guard the 2 guard....

either way.. it will be very competitive in practice come October fighting for slots... for both UCONN, and Duke.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Griner may be the only current player with a wingspan greater than Bre's 7'.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I've seen her play five or six times in person, and her court vision is amazing. Her handle is really smooth, and she's got a full array of pull-ups, drives to the basket, and long range shots. A very complete arsenal. Jones is very very good as well. I am just biased as a UConn fan.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I've seen her play five or six times in person, and her court vision is amazing. Her handle is really smooth, and she's got a full array of pull-ups, drives to the basket, and long range shots. A very complete arsenal. Jones is very very good as well. I am just biased as a UConn fan.

Thanks..... i wish i could have seen the game, but I dont have ESPNU. I found a site that streamed espnu.... but they only showed the boy's game.. and not the girl's. :mad: So you would say that your guard is a pass first, create for others.. type of point guard??

Seems as if there will be a big influx of talented freshmen guards entering WCBB this fall. I'm intrigued by the Syracuse combo as well.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
It's tough to say. The times I've seen her in HS she definitely looks to pass, but her teammates don't always finish well. She makes some ridiculous passes a la Diana Taurasi, but just as often makes really smart passes in places where her teammates should score.

When the game is close and her team is not pulling away, it's almost like she just kind of stops and decides, "OK, time to score now" and starts driving to the basket. I think next year she will have so many players aroudn her who can score that she will be a distribute-first type gaurd.

Watch out on the break, though. WOW is she quick with the ball!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I thought that Jones was the best guard in this game. That is not to say that she is the best guard in this class, but in this game she was steadier. She played under control, got to the basket and passed well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom