It's fine, we got Lubin | The Boneyard

It's fine, we got Lubin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We got the guy who wants to be here. The guy who saw Ollie's first practice, saw how hard he would be pushed if he came here, and how little he would be promised. He saw that he would have to earn his playing time, and that Ollie would accept nothing less than ten toes in. And what did he do? He committed on the spot.

Dude benched 285 and is a complete rock. I would've loved Kasongo to come here and team up with Rock, but we'll be just fine with Rakim the Dream.

Reaction Score
We got the guy who wants to be here. The guy who saw Ollie's first practice, saw how hard he would be pushed if he came here, and how little he would be promised. He saw that he would have to earn his playing time, and that Ollie would accept nothing less than ten toes in. And what did he do? He committed on the spot.

Dude benched 285 and is a complete rock. I would've loved Kasongo to come here and team up with Rock, but we'll be just fine with Rakim the Dream.

Well I like your optimism it is depressing losing to all these 3rd and 4th tier basketball recruits for guys ranked 50 and below.

Reaction Score
All is well because we got a guy who is not even ranked in the Top 200?

Until recently, nobody knew who the duckck this guy is and now Lubin is some sort of PF savior? BS. Lubin is a complete wildcard and he may be good or can be a total dud. Ollie has never even seen the guy play.

If we had Abu or even Kasongo, then I can understand your confidence but not b/c we signed Lubin. He is far far far far from a certain contributor. I hope he becoems ultra successful but thats far from a certainty.

Reaction Score
We may not have lost him. Once we got Lubin, Ollie may have pulled his offer. Offers are pulled all the time w/o media knowledge. That is the way the process works.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I really would have liked to have Ray but given the Rock he was something of a luxury.

In getting over this one, probably should be noted that none of us had heard of Kasongo a month ago. Maybe sdhusky is right in his suggestion that we need to close better, maybe Fishy's right about AAU contacts, maybe these are just the breaks of the game.

But I'll say this - the one thing KO promised us was that no one would outwork him, and that's certainly been the case this recruiting season. The staff has been all over the place and in with a ton of guys. I think that bodes well.

Reaction Score
The guys who are afraid to compete for playing need to go elsewhere. We need a team that goes 7-8 deep and are willing to sacrifice. Lets see which player gets noticed by the nba. My money is on the uconn player any day. We put guys in the nba, end of message.

Reaction Score
Kasongo is going to be overrated because we missed him. And everybody will on our staffs ability to recruit(even though we can) until we get a hyped recruit. It is what it is I've realized. It's time to focus on the season and how the staff has developed our CURRENT bunch.

Reaction Score
We may not have lost him. Once we got Lubin, Ollie may have pulled his offer. Offers are pulled all the time w/o media knowledge. That is the way the process works.

Not the case here...staff visited w/. him last night.

Reaction Score
Zagoria did a masterful job, he's convinced about 75% of this board who don't pay attention to anything that Kasongo was somehow a top 50 recruit. No different then when we had posters on here demanding why wasn't KO in Kentucky recruiting that lil Candadian PG Oootowah who turned down bigtime offers and interest(wink, wink) to ultimately wind up at Fresno State. Look, I wanted Kasongo, but some of you guys need to realize that there was alot of smoke and mirrors with his hype. For all of you harping on Lubin's ranking, ya'll need to go take a look where Kasongo was ranked.

Reaction Score
Not the case here...staff visited w/. him last night.
Obviously shows we really wanted him despite Lubin committment.

What cracks me up is we already landed two 5 star recruits. So these people who say Ollie can't recruit have no clue.

And we have lost every other recruit that we have wanted ever since. Lubin had no other offers.

we shoudl have delayed Lubin and got the Ray commit then gone and got Lubin later. Where was Lunin going since he had no other offers?

Ollie works hard but bottomline we have a disturnign and long list of recruiting battle loses. This simply cant be ignored.

Reaction Score
Obviously shows we really wanted him despite Lubin committment.

And we have lost every other recruit that we have wanted ever since. Lubin had no other offers.

we shoudl have delayed Lubin and got the Ray commit then gone and got Lubin later. Where was Lunin going since he had no other offers?

Ollie works hard but bottomline we have a disturnign and long list of recruiting battle loses. This simply cant be ignored.
Word so you wanted Ollie to not take lubins verbal, so we could go after another low ranked big. Look I actually like both the big men, we got one. I'm cool. Now onto cassell

Reaction Score

Lubin had Marquette, Georgia Tech and a bunch of SEC schools.

If you're going to whine, don't lie about it. Whining happens to the best of us at times, but lying is just bad form.

Reaction Score
All is well because we got a guy who is not even ranked in the Top 200?

Until recently, nobody knew who the duckck this guy is and now Lubin is some sort of PF savior? BS. Lubin is a complete wildcard and he may be good or can be a total dud. Ollie has never even seen the guy play.

If we had Abu or even Kasongo, then I can understand your confidence but not b/c we signed Lubin. He is far far far far from a certain contributor. I hope he becoems ultra successful but thats far from a certainty.

Ollie has seen Lubin play.

Reaction Score
Seems to me Kasongo wasn't rated either. Lubin was hurt and WAS rated in the 50's before he was hurt I read. Maybe KO offered Lubin because he felt he was better than Ray or at least as good? Anyway, we have Facey and Lubin at PF and really no need for Ray. MUCH more need for a guard and Robby is a McD's level talent that some on 247 sports feel will be a Husky. If we take Ray, probably aren't able to offer them both anymore. It's possible KO pulled the offer after we got Lubin, esp. if he knew we have a great shot at both.

Reaction Score
Zagoria did a masterful job, he's convinced about 75% of this board who don't pay attention to anything that Kasongo was somehow a top 50 recruit. No different then when we had posters on here demanding why wasn't KO in Kentucky recruiting that lil Candadian PG Oootowah who turned down bigtime offers and interest(wink, wink) to ultimately wind up at Fresno State. Look, I wanted Kasongo, but some of you guys need to realize that there was alot of smoke and mirrors with his hype. For all of you harping on Lubin's ranking, ya'll need to go take a look where Kasongo was ranked.

Thank you. Lubin was as high as #43 I believe before he got hurt and missed the whole summer and fell off everyone's radars. Somebody pointed out in another thread that Lubin was a 3* while Kasongo was only 2.5*. Why do people think Kasongo was a McDonald's AA?

D

Deleted member 3149

What cracks me up is we already landed two 5 star recruits. So these people who say Ollie can't recruit have no clue.

Amen. Too many of us forget that.

Reaction Score
We got the guy who wants to be here.

Isn't that kind of a tautology? I'm failing to see the profundity there.

Are you suggesting that everyone who chooses to come here is tough and hardworking, and everyone who doesn't is cowardly and lazy?

Reaction Score
Isn't that kind of a tautology? I'm failing to see the profundity there.

Are you suggesting that everyone who chooses to come here is tough and hardworking, and everyone who doesn't is cowardly and lazy?

Maybe you should read and quote the rest of his post, might clear up your confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom