Its Coming Together | The Boneyard

Its Coming Together

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
After todays game the practice and repetition of fundementals show bright. I know Xavier is not a top team however how many really good top teams are there this season. Stanford, SC, LVille, NC State Baylor, and maybe a couple of others. Well we play Baylor and SC so we'll see how good we are compared to them. We have the guards and plenty of really good guards. We have the height and we have great passers.

Today showed us what we can become and better on a consistent basis. We were overwhelming and Xavier is a veteran team. Geno pulled back a little and worked on a few things. I gotta tell ya this is an explosive team and they will get more consistent as the season goes on. Theyre competitors which makes them dangerous. They dont give up. Dont forget we have no seniors and we have next years class which is off the charts. Dream a little and think how good we're gonna be.

You know whats crazy. As good as we've been in the past and winning 111 games in a row. I believe this team and with the next class coming in we could go undefeated for a long time. If we go undefeated this season I dont know who can beat us and I should say what would it take to beat us over the next 4-7 years????? This is crazy. UConn has had some great players and great teams but this team is inexperienced young and doesnt even know Genos system yet and the potetial is off the charts. I was bouncing out of my chair in the first qtr.

Well now we know what we're capable of and it will take time to develop it to be consistent but it was fun to see it in action. This team is young and they dont know anything yet but they see what they accomplished today and they know they can do it . I cant wait for their next level.

Reaction Score
Trying not to be repetitive, I am still amazed what Geno has put together. He produces 'machines,' engines that are supercharged. There is always a method to his coaching until the final buzzer. Sometime, things take time to sink in......per Squeaks comments...she now really gets it and it is showing in her leadership...she, Ono, and especially Evina are like steel in the foundation. This is what coach was aiming for and it's taking hold.
Freshman mistakes always occur, but wait, a final 4 or NC is being built; I hate jumping the gun, but my enthusiasm for what I am watching and reading about is taking hold.
Geno knows, Geno knows, Geno knows!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Oh yeah it is coming together...6 players in double figures, 7 shooting ove 50 percent...106 points and it could easily have been 135. Christyn was a beast... Olivia just built upon her last game turning in back to back solid performances. Evina is starting to put things together on both sides of the floor...much better offensive game today for her. Paige, another fantastic outing for the freshmen...she missed the double-double by one assists...oddly, she went into the second half with 9 assists and just couldn't seem to get one more....but, who is complaining with that...her all around game was great. Aubrey...is just too good to keep down for too long...her athleticism will allow her to score...consistency is her challenge. Mukarat is a solid, smart player who doesn't make too many mistakes. Edwards is emerging as a strong force underneath the basket if she develops a mid-range jumper...lookout. Hopefully, Mir will soon earn Geno's confidence as she is a raw, athletic talent that will help UConn. Paith continues to be a work in progress but, you can't teach 6'5". Muhl appears to be injured so she should be back soon. Autumn is just a breath of fresh air...how could you not pull for the kid.

Wait until the shooters get here next year....Azzi, Saylor and Caroline...along with another big in Amari DeBerry...it just doesn't seem fair.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
After todays game the practice and repetition of fundementals show bright. I know Xavier is not a top team however how many really good top teams are there this season. Stanford, SC, LVille, NC State Baylor, and maybe a couple of others. Well we play Baylor and SC so we'll see how good we are compared to them. We have the guards and plenty of really good guards. We have the height and we have great passers.

Today showed us what we can become and better on a consistent basis. We were overwhelming and Xavier is a veteran team. Geno pulled back a little and worked on a few things. I gotta tell ya this is an explosive team and they will get more consistent as the season goes on. Theyre competitors which makes them dangerous. They dont give up. Dont forget we have no seniors and we have next years class which is off the charts. Dream a little and think how good we're gonna be.

You know whats crazy. As good as we've been in the past and winning 111 games in a row. I believe this team and with the next class coming in we could go undefeated for a long time. If we go undefeated this season I dont know who can beat us and I should say what would it take to beat us over the next 4-7 years????? This is crazy. UConn has had some great players and great teams but this team is inexperienced young and doesnt even know Genos system yet and the potetial is off the charts. I was bouncing out of my chair in the first qtr.

Well now we know what we're capable of and it will take time to develop it to be consistent but it was fun to see it in action. This team is young and they dont know anything yet but they see what they accomplished today and they know they can do it . I cant wait for their next level.
Lots of good things today for sure. But when you mention fundamentals I am reminded of the many, many traveling calls again. By multiple players, Have to clean up this very basic issue.

Reaction Score
Good game with a lot of progress! the next 4 games (Villanova, Marquette x 2 and Baylor) will be much much harder and show where the team is in growth

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I have been very impressed with Evina. She is all business, solid as a rock. She will be a tremendous asset to keep our kids on target when we get to the big games.

Reaction Score
Lots of good things today for sure. But when you mention fundamentals I am reminded of the many, many traveling calls again. By multiple players, Have to clean up this very basic issue.
Perhaps having Travelers Insurance as a sponsor is not a good idea. Switch to Progressive and the game will Flo better..

Reaction Score
When it’s noted as a point of emphasis to refs, of course you’ll see it called often. I thought a few were iffy... but some obvious. I think Paige has been called a few times, but I only saw one. I think she’s just more than some refs are used to.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how they play against a team with a big athletic front line because the starting lineup this year is not very big, even Geno said so.

Reaction Score
I’m impressed with how involved Geno has been this year. Maybe involved is not he right word but he is constantly coaching and yelling instructions to the team. More so imo than usual. I think he is determined to max out these fabulous recruiting classes and dominate the game again! I am really looking forward to the next 4-5 years.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see how they play against a team with a big athletic front line because the starting lineup this year is not very big, even Geno said so.
If the starting line up this year is not very big then last year was down right tiny. At least we are making progess in the size department.

Reaction Score
I’m impressed with how involved Geno has been this year. Maybe involved is not he right word but he is constantly coaching and yelling instructions to the team. More so imo than usual. I think he is determined to max out these fabulous recruiting classes and dominate the game again! I am really looking forward to the next 4-5 years.
He's probably always been that way but now, with no fans in the stands, he can be clearly heard. I think it was second game I heard "Hands, hands, hands!"

Reaction Score
If the starting line up this year is not very big then last year was down right tiny. At least we are making progress in the size department.
I agree and thank you when he put in the lineup of Aubrey, Edwards, and ONO. that's a big/athletic lineup which will be a force to reckon with.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When it’s noted as a point of emphasis to refs, of course you’ll see it called often. I thought a few were iffy... but some obvious. I think Paige has been called a few times, but I only saw one. I think she’s just more than some refs are used to.
When was it noted as a point of emphasis to refs? Meg mentioned it during the broadcast, but I thought it was mentioned as a joking manner. I hope this call will fade away (deemphasized) as the season goes along because multiple players on both teams are doing it and it is just not practical to make that call on every possession. Predicting this will go the same way as the crow hop on jump shots ( Kia Nurse) and the style of dribbling when the ball is turned over from the bottom and carried (Moriah Jefferson).

Reaction Score
When was it noted as a point of emphasis to refs? Meg mentioned it during the broadcast, but I thought it was mentioned as a joking manner. I hope this call will fade away (deemphasized) as the season goes along because multiple players on both teams are doing it and it is just not practical to make that call on every possession. Predicting this will go the same way as the crow hop on jump shots ( Kia Nurse) and the style of dribbling when the ball is turned over from the bottom and carried (Moriah Jefferson).
Just as a holding call can be called in every NFL play a travelling call could be called in every baskeball play

Reaction Score
It was nice to see them execute some full court traps. That forced X to give the ball up a few times. You can’t do that the whole game or you get burned, but nice to spring on opponents when they don’t expect it.
Lead Geno to say “our best defense was getting the other team to throw the ball out of bounds”. I know he was being sarcastic but we did force them into a lot of those errors.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No doubt there is plenty for us UConn fans to be excited about, and to look forward to.

But I really wish that people would check the talk of going undefeated for a half-decade or thereabouts.

I get that UConn WBB has set such an impossibly high bar that we are now spoiled into eyeing such stratospheric (unrealistic) levels of achievement.

The unintended consequence of setting such bombastic targets, though, is that anything less will seem a disappointment. How about we give this very young team a chance to grow, knowing that with growth come mistakes and lessons? How about we enjoy the journey and allow the achievements to follow?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

A point of information please - what qualifies as a big, athletic front line?

I keep hearing this phrase and looking at who we play, I'm not convinced of the statement, yet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last night Geno said we are not a good defensive team and it's because the players don't talk and don't listen. He gave as an example the end of the first half where Paige saw Xavier's developing play and shouted out:

That should be very fixable but he's been saying you guys don't talk for months. This cheese will bind against really good teams.

Reaction Score
Just as a holding call can be called in every NFL play a travelling call could be called in every baskeball play
Well, maybe not every play for traveling, but certainly every play for "palming" or carrying the ball which never, ever gets called anymore. It's like they changed the definition of dribbling. Did I miss a rule change in the last couple of decades?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, maybe not every play for traveling, but certainly every play for "palming" or carrying the ball which never, ever gets called anymore. It's like they changed the definition of dribbling. Did I miss a rule change in the last couple of decades?
No rule change just a couple of major negative influencer namely Allen Iverson’ crossover and Jordan palming the ball. With my kids who were among the influenced I finally gave up. If the refs are not going to call palming and walking I was not going to insist and put my kids at a major disadvantage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom