It's Cheaper to Hire an OC than Fire a HC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It's Cheaper to Hire an OC than Fire a HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One thing is for sure; the media absolutely comes to the Boneyard for its material. I'm not joking.

If you want to know what the headlines in the Hartford Courant sports section will be on Sunday, check out our top 5 threads on Saturday night...
Funny you say this. I once made a post to USCHO on a UConn hockey game that I thought was awfully clever. The next day it was in the Courant almost word for word. Something about a player in front of an empty net with the puck on his stick so long he had time to turn to his caddy to make sure he had enough club. I can probably find the link.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Why pay Diaco $5 million in a buyout and hire a new HC at a significant raise? Why don't we hire a successful OC for $500k as that is much cheaper?

I think that will happen along with seeing some other changes after this season or Diaco will be gone on Jan 2. His choice

Reaction Score
The most telling comment about the state of the game in which weak AD's wrestle with sharp agents to satisfy fan bases clamoring for change is that Todd Graham at Ariz St has a $14.5M buyout!

Reaction Score
Anyone consider that defense is the issue? Why is Anthony Poindexter given a pass?

What if Vincent Brown was given D signal calling duties? He is technically co-defensive coordinator, but if Poindexter was given all the accolades for last year, shouldn't he get at least some blame for this year?
Poindexter is no way getting a pass; HOWEVER, we decided to hire a DC as HC... which, IMO, means that Diaco's philosophy is the footprint of what we are doing on that side of the ball before Poindexter's. The lack of offense, which we never ever ever seem to address year in and year out, makes the deficiencies on D look way worse....

The Verducci hire, was a use UCONN as a guinea pig hire.. my opinion... I never liked it, but in Diaco we have not choice but to trust because, like it or not, he was chosen by Warde to be the Head Coach...

Reaction Score
If FIU gets Butch Davis, that program will get turned around quickly. Say what you want about the guy, but that would be an ideal situation for him and that school... Heck he'd be ideal for us right about now....
Agree on Butch Davis...IMHO he was done in at UNC by a Asst who was going behind his back. If you look at what he did at Miami and cleaning up the dumpster fire of dumpster fires it was yeoman's work.

Reaction Score
Funny you say this. I once made a post to USCHO on a UConn hockey game that I thought was awfully clever. The next day it was in the Courant almost word for word. Something about a player in front of an empty net with the puck on his stick so long he had time to turn to his caddy to make sure he had enough club. I can probably find the link.
maybe we should get some sort of monetary compensation from the Courant.. since they love our comments and rely on them for their UCONN Football (and Hockey) articles to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom