It's been a month. Enjoying the championship? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's been a month. Enjoying the championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still on a high... I wear a UConn tee a lot for the benefit of the UofA cotingent here in Phx. Still waiting on a single Nat'l Champions tee order from Fanatics.com which has been delayed now 4 times and they also cancelled the long sleeve tee that I ordered within on 4/8. Yikes!

Reaction Score
Whenever I get upset about anything sports related or not my wife says "your precious Huskies won the championship, you have no reason to be upset about anything".
She repainted our already white walls a different shade of white. Totally useless...but I couldn't say a peep.
I didn't know that #5 would cause my wife to walk all over me.
That is what many wives do

Reaction Score
I haven't enjoyed it/thought about it as much as I would like as the past month has been stressful, but when I get a moment, I smile about the incredible year. Because of the time difference (in Europe), this was the least amount of time, of the 5 championship seasons, that I watched, by far. That Iona game was just beautiful though.

Reaction Score
I still get chills. I mean, WE won the whole thing!!! It’s a great feeling to wake up everyday knowing that you’re a champion. It’s also satisfying to know that it’s killing the ‘cuse fan base as they slowly come around to the fact that we have lapped them several times over and that they will likely never catch up in their lifetimes.…..I never thought I’d live to see #5 yet here we are!!!!

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Still up and hard. Only '99 was more satisfying for me. But this one, the way we did it curb-stomping every opponent, finally gave us unanimous Hoops World OG street cred. A walk-on Danny H. spiking was the perfect metaphor.

Downside...I have to listen to my wife tell everyone at get-togethers how I wore the same t-shirt for three weeks without washing it. Embarrassing but worth it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep. Just today I got a call from someone I don't really know all that well who mentioned it and congratulated me.

Last week I was in a board meeting where the board president said "I'm a Villanova grad and we are good basketball school…[Insert some vaguely related point on teamwork or something]"

I said "I agree with ______ and I am a UConn grad and we're a better basketball school" and got a chorus of "Ohhhhhhh!" from the rest of the board members.
Are you still on that board?:)

Reaction Score
Enjoying it very much, especially with my daily coffee...

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 12.01.44 PM.png

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I can't sleep at night. Everybody is leaving, Hurley can't land any decent transfers in the portal, Castle is leaving as a lottery pick next year..... what are we going to do? The pain, the agony, I'm dying here...

Doomed

:cool:

Reaction Score
Hell yeah it’s a high a will never come down from. Traffic isn’t as stressful for me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Still up and hard. Only '99 was more satisfying for me. But this one, the way we did it curb-stomping every opponent, finally gave us unanimous Hoops World OG street cred. A walk-on Danny H. spiking was the perfect metaphor.

Downside...I have to listen to my wife tell everyone at get-togethers how I wore the same t-shirt for three weeks without washing it. Embarrassing but worth it.
Psssh, it worked though, didn't it? Nothing to be embarrassed about there.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Sometimes I still can't believe it. Very proud. I have been watching highlights for months now. We have been on a crazy rollercoaster - both in terms of program trajectory and regular season ups and downs.

Reaction Score
I try to celebrate daily but then I think "why couldn't we have had a more viable path, all of our championships we've lucked into, the fix was in just like every other year, what a pity. "

In all seriousness, we are blessed. It was my first time going to one of our Final Fours and I had an incredible experience and even got a picture with Danny.

It was a magical season and it was a total TEAM effort and when it mattered we used our Defensive identity. The way we always win, through Defense.

Offensively I think it's the prettiest basketball we've ever played. So many assists.

The guys love each other and love us. In Houston they could not have been more gracious. I ran into Sanogo and he had his hands full getting off of the bus, and he had his hands full. I didn't want to try to fist bump him with his hands full, and he looked at me and offered me an unsolicited elbow bump.

They had a quiet confidence with great leaders by example and hustle with Adama and AJax.

I could go on and on with more stories from the trip. Such a wonderful ride. Whenever I get a little stressed at work just remember the ride this year and the tourney, Houston, and all is better. Thank you Danny and Benedict.

Reaction Score
a calculator? are you an accountant?

Love the cup
I purchase and operate real estate portfolios. Luckily, most of it isn’t beyond 6th grade math, hence a calculator from 1995.

Reaction Score
Reflecting back, I now have a warm love for the city of Albany.

It was my first time seeing UConn in the tournament and everyone and everywhere within the city was cool.

Reaction Score
I've watched elite 8 final four and natty 4-5x each. If I'm working around the house, I'll just play it in the background. It's better than music

Reaction Score
all day every day. it’s been since 2014 and ppl forgot about them. and gentleman like doug gottlieb still come out to talk trash. i love it!

Reaction Score
Somehow I found myself deep in StorrsSouth’s YouTube channel last night watching game highlights from 2017 through the 2019-2020 season. Decided to scroll back through the forum and follow along in some of the posts from then (was a BY lurker for a good while before making an account last year)

Man those were painful times. I started being a fan around 2010-2011, so I wasn’t used to anything except tournaments with a blip here and there. Nothing like that where losing was expected and winning was a pleasant surprise. Almost stopped watching entirely, but at the expense of my blood pressure and emotional health I kept watching the games. And right when things started getting good, Covid shut down the world. I truly think UConn could have made a run in the AAC tournament that year. They were figuring it out at the right time. Not surprising they returned to the tournament the next year

Then I watched the video of the full season highlights of last year. Compare that gameplay to gameplay from 5 years ago. Night and day

So hell yeah I’m still enjoying the championship, and I’m going to enjoy it every damn month for the rest of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom