It's been a month. Enjoying the championship? | The Boneyard

It's been a month. Enjoying the championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A month and a day but who's counting. We are the reigning National Champions.

I am still being congratulated by friends I hadn't seen since we won. Very nice. Makes for a pleasant year.
It’s a beautiful thing. After sitting inBuffalo a year ago this has been an incredible turn around. I wanna do it again!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yep. Just today I got a call from someone I don't really know all that well who mentioned it and congratulated me.

Last week I was in a board meeting where the board president said "I'm a Villanova grad and we are good basketball school…[Insert some vaguely related point on teamwork or something]"

I said "I agree with ______ and I am a UConn grad and we're a better basketball school" and got a chorus of "Ohhhhhhh!" from the rest of the board members.

Reaction Score
Whenever I get upset about anything sports related or not my wife says "your precious Huskies won the championship, you have no reason to be upset about anything".
She repainted our already white walls a different shade of white. Totally useless...but I couldn't say a peep.
I didn't know that #5 would cause my wife to walk all over me.

Reaction Score
I'm wearing the (new) colors right now.

1683223839486.png

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yep. Just today I got a call from someone I don't really know all that well who mentioned it and congratulated me.

Last week I was in a board meeting where the board president said "I'm a Villanova grad and we are good basketball school…[Insert some vaguely related point on teamwork or something]"

I said "I agree with ______ and I am a UConn grad and we're a better basketball school" and got a chorus of "Ohhhhhhh!" from the rest of the board members.
The person is President of the board, IMO.

Reaction Score
A month and a day but who's counting. We are the reigning National Champions.

I am still being congratulated by friends I hadn't seen since we won. Very nice. Makes for a pleasant year.
I am still on a high for sure. UConn, without anyone's permission, ripped away the velvet ropes, broke through the club doors, knocked out the bouncers, and pulled up a seat to the blue blood table and introduced themselves as the new blood. They tried to keep UConn out, but they couldn't.

I love reading posts on Devils Den, Friar Talk, Syracuse board, Villanova SB Nation, and BlueJay underground around the dates of the Final Four where they all lament and are resigned to UConn winning the title.

So, to answer your question, yes still enjoying this and will forever :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting you said the part about congratulations you were getting. When I attended the 1999 Final Four in St. Petersburg, Florida I stayed at the Holiday Inn where most of the Michigan State fans were including the nice looking ladies on the cheerleading squad. They all were congratulating me after UConn beat Duke as if I was on the team and won it. I partied with them and I didn't sleep that entire night.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Just watched the Final Four replay last night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not really. But it was just something else that cut short my celebration. I'm looking forward to seeing how the roster shapes up for next season. Building back up again.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
#5 is as nice as all the other 4
but these threads
Its going to be a loooooooooong offseason

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not really. But it was just something else that cut short my celebration. I'm looking forward to seeing how the roster shapes up for next season. Building back up again.

We know. You have Hunter now and dust off the Jayhawk gear this year.

Reaction Score
My password at work is currently “UConn#2023“ and it was in force throughout March Madness. I recently received the “your password will expire in 10 days“ system generated email and was actually disgusted. I will be waiting until the very last day to update it.

Reaction Score
I live in Waterbury Vt and work in the Burlington area. The day after the championship I went to a bagel shop with my UConn gear on and an 80+ year old woman says to me with a big smile “wearing that proudly today I bet”. Just the other day I am in Trader Joe’s wearing my championship shirt and hat and the 20 something cashier says she’s from CT too. I asked her if she’s a fan and says with a big smile “you better believe it!”. I’ve watched every tournament plus the PK 85 games and still get goose bumps and a huge smile. Life is so much better now. Used to watch every sport, now it’s just our Huskies. My wife is pretty sick of it. Best line she had all year was when I kept saying we and us, she asked me what number I am. I can’t stop smiling still. I bleed national flag blue.

Reaction Score
I will be happy and satisfied about our champions until the start of the season in November. Then it will be raising banner #6.

Reaction Score
Yes, thanks for posting. I just watched the Iona game at lunch today. That was a good game and Iona held on tough through the first half but Sanogo was just a beast. I‘d forgotten just how big of a game he had vs Iona. So many shots, put-backs, and important boards. Going to watch St Mary’s this weekend. Basking in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom