It's been a few days and we haven't gotten and commitments or transfers. | The Boneyard

It's been a few days and we haven't gotten and commitments or transfers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is Geno losing his touch?

(Semi-seriously, Geno's post season recruiting burst has been like crack. Don't leave me hanging G, I need some more.)

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

(Semi-seriously, Geno's post season recruiting burst has been like crack. Don't leave me hanging G, I need some more.)
Got it! I believe Geno has at least one more, possible Big, to add to this class. The Implication of the Anthony article, I thought, was that there may be more in the offing. Big DADDY has done well with or without more. I think the BY should give him a Cheer for the Cheer he has brought to the BY!!

Reaction Score
All this "waiting" angst reminds me of the old story of John.
Bob saw his old friend John looking depressed so he asked him what was wrong.
John replied that he inherited a condo in Florida last month.
John said he won $100,000 on a scratch off lotto a few weeks ago.
John also said that his boss gave him a huge raise last week.
Bob was mystified and had to ask "Now why are you so down chum with all this good stuff happening to you?"
John replied: "Well, so far this week, nothing yet!"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Semi-seriously? Really? I thought you were died in the wool. Now I'm constantly tuned up waiting for the next announcement. This, of course, will be followed bya deep depression of weeks duration if there is no announcement!!! I am not a spoiled UConn fan. I deny it categorically and without reservation.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Fear not my friend, like the Somali pirate (in the movie Captain Phillips) kept telling the captain, “everything’s going to be OK”

If you've read my comments, you know that I’m an optimist that always sees the glass as half full. I believe that Geno and staff have been working diligently daily since the season ended to identify and determine those in the transfer portal they should take a close look at, then inquire of those they like, to see if there’s any mutual interest.

They should have done their due diligence by now and made contact with players of interest. That’s how they secured a commitment from Adebayo. We heard absolutely nothing about the staff attempting to work a deal until Adebayo's announcement; no rumors, nothing. I believe their active recruitment of players for next season is done. Everyone they’re interested in should have already been contacted. In the recruiting game, when you snooze, ya lose.

I also believe Geno has secured verbals from a BIG and one other player for next year. He’s allowing them (as coaches do) to make the announcement via social media at their discretion. He does not want to steal their thunder by announcing it.

As I commented in another thread, I believe that all of the new additions to the team will be revealed by the end of the month. So until then, relax, put your feet up and have a cold one, knowing that everything is going to be OK. June 1st will bring us good tidings. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
NO VERBALS... :eek:

Reaction Score
I assume grad transfers must graduate before transferring. And most schools have not finished yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom