It's amazing | The Boneyard

It's amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How much better the candidates were this go round versus last time.

Great job on the hire and nice job bouncing back so quickly from Narduzzi.

What makes you think Narduzzi wasn't passed over? Typically, when you withdraw for a coaching search, it means you were passed over.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What makes you think Narduzzi wasn't passed over? Typically, when you withdraw for a coaching search, it means you were passed over.

Well I'm assuming the reports were accurate that he turned the job down. Doesn't much matter now anyway, things went down quickly enough only a handful of people will remember in a year.

Reaction Score

Sounds like somebody finally followed though on that enema.

Reaction Score
I know its possible but I kind of doubt that Narduzzi turned us down 2-3 hours ago and we are already knocking out the details with Diaco.

Reaction Score
Diaco wasn't even on my radar. Very pleasantly surprised this is the guy. This guy was DC for the national runner up just last year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sounds like somebody finally followed though on that enema.

Listening to the Weist hype can have negative impacts to one's well being.

The clueless callers looking for TJ to get hired were priceless on 1080 tonight. It's was like listening to the worst of the Boneyard read as an audiobook.

Reaction Score

Agreed, especially if he keeps Weist, which by all accounts he should since they've already coached together as everyone already knows.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed, especially if he keeps Weist, which by all accounts he should since they've already coached together as everyone already knows.

Where did they coach together?

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Do you think that is more of a function of the timing (post Fiesta Bowl search vs post-season) or a function of the AD?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you think that is more of a function of the timing (post Fiesta Bowl search vs post-season) or a function of the AD?

That's an interesting question and I was taking a shot at the prior AD...

Maybe the timing made it harder, but they really had a list of guys that shouldn't have been on a list nevermind being the whole list.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Can't people just be happy that there guy was hired without crapping all over the other candidates or the posters that liked those other candidates? As upstater pointed out, Diaco's defense got lit up by Zach Frazier.

I am happy with the hire, but I would have been happy with Weist or Narduzzi too. I think Narduzzi was a better fit for UConn stylistically. UConn is going to be able to get more snot-knocker type recruits than super quick Kelly/Diaco types. I imagine Diaco can adapt though as long as he is not an idiot.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
Can't people just be happy that there guy was hired without crapping all over the other candidates or the posters that liked those other candidates? As upstater pointed out, Diaco's defense got lit up by Zach Frazier. I am happy with the hire, but I would have been happy with Weist or Narduzzi too. I think Narduzzi was a better fit for UConn stylistically. UConn is going to be able to get more snot-knocker type recruits than super quick Kelly/Diaco types. I imagine Diaco can adapt though as long as he is not an idiot.

I like the new and improved Nelson.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

Yes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate