It's amazing how quickly people have turned on Pasqualoni | The Boneyard

It's amazing how quickly people have turned on Pasqualoni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Incredible. Though, really, given my experience on sports team based message boards, I should know this is how the horde behaves - totally reactionary, lacking perspective, demanding someone's - anyone's - head at the first sign of trouble. I'm the fool - assuming an entire message board of hundreds of posters could remain reasonable for a season, adjust their expectations, look for improvement, etc. But that was already out the door last week.

The vast majority of this board before the season was happy we got P, talking about his recruiting, his history, his personality, how he brought in an aggressive D coordinator. All of this was bandied about as reasons he was an upgrade even.

Now two close games with Edsall's players and he sucks. I hope some of you see the absurdity of that.

Reaction Score
This team will be better at the end of the season (perhaps by a large amount) than they are now. It might be a painful season to watch.... and we probably won't go bowling.....but I have confidence that we are headed in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Way off base. HCPP is a train wreck. The team is disorganized, they are not executing and he and his staff again made critical errors. The time out at the 38 was due the inability to get a play called. That proved crucial when we got the ball back with 51 seconds instead of 1:28. Whats worse is the team has got players and they can play. They are hanging in games by sheer will, not good coaching. The reaction is from good fans who know good disciplined execution versus a grab bag of crap.

Reaction Score
I really want to give the guy a chance, but take him and his staff are making mistake after mistake. Clock management, play calling, player selection, special teams...

Reaction Score
Incredible. Though, really, given my experience on sports team based message boards, I should know this is how the horde behaves - totally reactionary, lacking perspective, demanding someone's - anyone's - head at the first sign of trouble. I'm the fool - assuming an entire message board of hundreds of posters could remain reasonable for a season, adjust their expectations, look for improvement, etc. But that was already out the door last week.

The vast majority of this board before the season was happy we got P, talking about his recruiting, his history, his personality, how he brought in an aggressive D coordinator. All of this was bandied about as reasons he was an upgrade even.

Now two close games with Edsall's players and he sucks. I hope some of you see the absurdity of that.

Yes..Edsall called PP on the sideline last week and told him to pass on 3rd and long instead of running and then punting it so the defense, which had Vandy by the balls after the first quarter, could end the game.

Edsall also called his players on the sideline to confuse them vs Vandy so they were running on and off the field getting penalties and causing a TO to be called.

Edsall also is the reason our special teams suck because before he left he told his players that they couldn't do what he taught them so after he's gone Nick Williams is on his own this year.

To top it off Edsall called PP and said "I really didn't have any luck sticking with one QB for the past 5 years...I think you should play 3 every game...then go with the one who gives you continuity. Then go back to the others.

To blame Edsall just shows the pure hatred some had and don't want to see the obvious.

PP has shown nothing to get excited about. Please enlighten me on what he's done to say..."hmmmm..I think he's on to something" Don't give me that he's new crap. He's a former NFL coach...remember?

F

fortebleedsblue

I really want to give the guy a chance, but take him and his staff are making mistake after mistake. Clock management, play calling, player selection, special teams...

+1 its an accumulation of play calling(such as not going for it on 4th and 1 at home)... not picking a QB, and PICKING DELEONE as OC

Reaction Score
Yes..Edsall called PP on the sideline last week and told him to pass on 3rd and long instead of running and then punting it so the defense, which had Vandy by the balls after the first quarter, could end the game.

One call makes a career, you heard it here first!!!

Edsall also called his players on the sideline to confuse them vs Vandy so they were running on and off the field getting penalties and causing a TO to be called.

Why aren't you blaming this on Don Brown??? You do understand he's the one making the defensive calls???

Edsall also is the reason our special teams suck because before he left he told his players that they couldn't do what he taught them so after he's gone Nick Williams is on his own this year.

Remember that year we had like 8 punts blocked? 3 against North Carolina? Under Edsall? Yeah, I do too.

To top it off Edsall called PP and said "I really didn't have any luck sticking with one QB for the past 5 years...I think you should play 3 every game...then go with the one who gives you continuity. Then go back to the others.

Edsall was the one who put all of them on the roster though. And not a one is ready to play this year. And they wouldn't have been if Edsall were here either. Wait, no, now that Edsall is gone and we've lost two close games, we've revised history and everything Edsall touched turned straight to gold. Nebrich would be the next Andrew Luck if not for Pasqualoni and Deleone....!!

To blame Edsall just shows the pure hatred some had and don't want to see the obvious.

Or, you know, looking at the guy who assembled the roster.

PP has shown nothing to get excited about. Please enlighten me on what he's done to say..."hmmmm..I think he's on to something" Don't give me that he's new crap. He's a former NFL coach...remember?

It's been three games. I'll let the season unfold and make a judgment then. I'd also like to see him get his own players in here.

Reaction Score
Blue Dogs has it right. The team has got players and they can play. How a coach with these players can't find a way to beat Vandy or Iowa St. (or worse, look really bad in losing) leads me to think we have a problem on the sidelines.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I nominate BlueDogs and Forte to coach. They clearly know more than a man who has coached this game his whole life, and recently, at the highest of levels. :rolleyes:

I don't know what you two do for work, but I'd really be curious how you fools would react if on the third day of your job you were labeled an immediate failure, without having a chance to fully implement the changes you intend to make.

Reaction Score
Blue Dogs has it right. The team has got players and they can play. How a coach with these players can't find a way to beat Vandy or Iowa St. (or worse, look really bad in losing) leads me to think we have a problem on the sidelines.

Name one offensive starter who will get a sniff in the NFL. I can see maybe Petrus. That's it. That hasn't been the case in previous years. Let's ignore this, though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hey art, Edsall knew he had no QB's coming back. That's why he left.

Reaction Score

My problem is more with DeLeone. Throwing that pick 6 with an ineffective offense last week and throwing 3 times on 2nd and 2 shows terrible judgement. I'm sorry but Randy would've won both games in those situations.

Reaction Score
One call makes a career, you heard it here first!!!

Why aren't you blaming this on Don Brown??? You do understand he's the one making the defensive calls???

Remember that year we had like 8 punts blocked? 3 against North Carolina? Under Edsall? Yeah, I do too.

Edsall was the one who put all of them on the roster though. And not a one is ready to play this year. And they wouldn't have been if Edsall were here either. Wait, no, now that Edsall is gone and we've lost two close games, we've revised history and everything Edsall touched turned straight to gold. Nebrich would be the next Andrew Luck if not for Pasqualoni and Deleone....!!

Or, you know, looking at the guy who assembled the roster.

It's been three games. I'll let the season unfold and make a judgment then. I'd also like to see him get his own players in here.

This team CLEARLY has the talent to compete and WIN winnable games without excuse... In all honesty Coach P has been a disappointment because he's the HEAD COACH now... He's the one that allowed the pass play calls tonite on 3rd and short yardage when we could've ran the football and more than likely converted 1st downs... Big reason why we lost tonite... And eerily similar to why we lost last weekend...

As far as everyone turning on him... We came to GO**AMN FAR to go back to mediocrity... We expect to win winnable games, plain and simple... Playing a 3 headed monster at QB is NOT the answer either ( see the thread I started on that )...

In all honesty, Coach P was NOT the majority of the fans' first choice... I believe the HS Head football coaches around the state of CT had more of an influence to bring him here than anyone. He's here now and I'm behind him 100% because he's here, but the criticism of his performance as HC comes with it... So deal with it bro, plain and simple...

Reaction Score
UChuskies = HCPP Apologist (you heard it here first folks!)

Nope, just someone who pumps the brakes here and there on the hyperbole.

I also didn't think our bball program was screwed after '09-10, when most thought it was the apocalypse coming then, too.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
It is 3 games into an new system both ways. When the D lines up correctly - we re pretty good. As we get a bit more talented -we will have more margin for error. Put it this way, if we even had Cody Endres- we wouldbe 3 and 0 and no one would be complaining(at least too loudly for a UCONN fan)!!

Reaction Score
My problem is more with DeLeone. Throwing that pick 6 with an ineffective offense last week and throwing 3 times on 2nd and 2 shows terrible judgement. I'm sorry but Randy would've won both games in those situations.

You got a point there bro.... Edsall's "conservative" run the football in short yardage situations work much better than DeLeone's play calling... It seems like dude is playing a video game right now... he's running the plays we can execute on PS3 college football because it's easy to do run those plays against the computer... It seems like he's gotta seriously stop doing that stuff, get a clue, and run this offense....

Reaction Score
You got a point there bro.... Edsall's "conservative" run the football in short yardage situations work much better than DeLeone's play calling... It seems like dude is playing a video game right now... he's running the plays we can execute on PS3 college football because it's easy to do run those plays against the computer... It seems like he's gotta seriously stop doing that stuff, get a clue, and run this offense....
That's exactly what I was thinking... those passes in the flat work great on PS3 but on the field, especially when we consistently got at least 1 yrd in the I formation running in the 4th quarter, I was completely scratching my head when I saw 3 passes. Terrible, terrible judgement.

Reaction Score
I respect the guys that feel defensive about HCPP. They are loyal and want to give him the benfit of the doubt.. But, you loyalists need to also take acritical look at what you have seen. It is not pretty, and a significant portion of this mess lies at the feet of PP. I will not repeat the litany, but way too many problems are present in basic organization, execution, and game management. This does not require specialized knowledge. Any exerienced football fan can see basic errors. He is our coach and we all want to see him succeed. They games were close due to sheer will of the players trying to make plays, not due to PP running a tight ship and managing the game. There is a reason he was forc out of Syracuse. Go look at his record after McPhearson's players left the program. It was basically mediocrity after he was handed a national power and it was the beast of the east other than BC. He is no super star.

Reaction Score
I respect the guys that feel defensive about HCPP. They are loyal and want to give him the benfit of the doubt.. But, you loyalists need to also take acritical look at what you have seen. It is not pretty, and a significant portion of this mess lies at the feet of PP. I will not repeat the litany, but way too many problems are present in basic organization, execution, and game management. This does not require specialized knowledge. Any exerienced football fan can see basic errors. He is our coach and we all want to see him succeed. They games were close due to sheer will of the players trying to make plays, not due to PP running a tight ship and managing the game. There is a reason he was forc out of Syracuse. Go look at his record after McPhearson's players left the program. It was basically mediocrity after he was handed a national power and it was the beast of the east other than BC. He is no super star.

Wait, so his only success at Syracuse was because he had MacPhearson's players, but there is nothing to be said about having Edsall's players?

Reaction Score
Uconnhuskies08..

.Why aren't you blaming this on Don Brown??? You do understand he's the one making the defensive calls???

I'm gonna go out on a limb here... but wasn't it the offense that had all the confusion? It's late, I'm tired and I certainly have been known to be wrong....but...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
It's 3 games in to the Coach P era and we are "loyalists" simply because we don't break out the Jump to Conclusins mat already? Wow. Well, slap me with the loyalist tag, I guess.

I would hope it is abundantly clear, but it obviously isn't with all the folks lighting themselves on fire here - but it takes TIME for a new coach to come in and make his mark. Far, far more than 3 games. There ain't a coach out there who is going to have his schemes completely implemented 3 games in to the season. Everything is different. You've got a ton of kids who all have to unlearn their old responsibilities and learn their new responsibilities. If you think this should be implemented to perfection in 3 games you are crazy. Look, we all want the team to win, and we all can see that the offense is anemic. The staff is still in the process of seeing what works with the pieces they have, and (hopefully) getting a little bit better each week. I'm sure there are certain plays that could have been called better. But to completely write off what Coach P brings to the table after three games makes NO sense. At all.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He can't just keep playing three quarterbacks every game.
Need to protect the ball better on offense and special teams.
Better tackling on defense.

Looking forward to next week and seeing what changes are made.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you two do for work, but I'd really be curious how you fools would react if on the third day of your job you were labeled an immediate failure, without having a chance to fully implement the changes you intend to make.

Mike...i think its more like hiring a new CEO and then having him hire 3 CFO's because he likes all 3 people that interviewed and he can't pick one. And sometimes when a new hire is made after a short time, the staff says to its collective self Oh oh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom