its almost time for a 2015 thread. | The Boneyard

its almost time for a 2015 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
:D
we already have 1 kid in ct with a bcs offer.

quentin harris-taft has a bc offer and interest from a bunch of big boys.

he is a wilton kid who went to prep. i know i have mentioned him before as a 2014 kid but it now seems he has transfered to taft and gone to the 15 class. kid went all over for camps the past 2 summers. might be hard to keep him anywhere in the northeast. hope he values putting on for his state!

Reaction Score
I say we hold off until we get 1 2014 commit. Get Newsome to commit and then open up the 15 board!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I say we hold off until we get 1 2014 commit. Get Newsome to commit and then open up the 15 board!

fair enough, but i'm starting to think we already have 2 2014 commits in bryan and sylva. when they become official thats a great start to a class. i also think 2014 may be a small class and then 15 a big one but we will see in time...

Reaction Score
fair enough, but i'm starting to think we already have 2 2014 commits in bryan and sylva. when they become official thats a great start to a class. i also think 2014 may be a small class and then 15 a big one but we will see in time...

Not cunningham? I am thinking all 3 play 2 years of jc and then head over. I am nervous about Neally ending up in New Mexico - I prefer we keep the kids close to Storrs.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not cunningham? I am thinking all 3 play 2 years of jc and then head over. I am nervous about Neally ending up in New Mexico - I prefer we keep the kids close to Storrs.

my thoughts with neally are this. would love to have him on board. but he didn't go to dean and istead somewhere out west. that tells me that there is some other influence also in on his recruitment. if he was a uconn lock in any way then he would have came north. the dean kids being so close is a huge advantage as the staff can get them to games and campus more times than the average recruit. they can also get to dean rather quick for day trips whenever and work with them. neally being out west makes me think something else is going on.

sylva and bryan i feel are uconn locks. we just need to reoffer them when the time comes. becuase sylva has yet to figure out 1 year or 2 i am now going to asume 2 becuase if he was 1 then he would have that situation squared away by now. i would love to be suprised and hes apart of this class, that would be great. but with the lbs we will have next year there is no rush and no dier need so its best for him to take care of business and come as soon as he can. i'm thinking both of those guys come next sping as early enroll guys.

Reaction Score
thanks. 2 things:

1. Neally said he went out west b/c at Dean he'd have to pay 1/2 and he got a full ride to NM - FWIW.
2. Those same LBs you mentioned will be here next year, and the year after and the year after - I love Sylva to get here sooner!

Keep the good news/insights coming ....

Reaction Score
Ansonia's Jai'Quan McKnight (QB/DB/2015) has the tools to lead the Chargers in 2012 and beyond. I caught a half of Ansonia/Shelton last night. Newsome was held out, with the Chargers opening up next week at Torrington. McKnight is impressive for a sophomore. He has a big arm, good size, and is elusive. He was expected to be the back up to Newsome at RB, but an injury thrust him into a starting role as QB. It was my first time seeing him throw the ball. He can chuck it.
https://twitter.com/nhbeast/status/244038915412094976/photo/1/large

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Ansonia's Jai'Quan McKnight (QB/DB/2015) has the tools to lead the Chargers in 2012 and beyond. I caught a half of Ansonia/Shelton last night. Newsome was held out, with the Chargers opening up next week at Torrington. McKnight is impressive for a sophomore. He has a big arm, good size, and is elusive. He was expected to be the back up to Newsome at RB, but an injury thrust him into a starting role as QB. It was my first time seeing him throw the ball. He can chuck it.
https://twitter.com/nhbeast/status/244038915412094976/photo/1/large

thanks for the info on him, keep it coming! hes def going to be a ath to watch the next couple years in ct.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

Best player for 2015 in CT is Christian Wilkins. Kid is an animal.

what do u know about him? any offers? tape looks impressive for a frosh.

Reaction Score
All I know is the tape is great the hype machine is being spun pretty big for him already. BC has offered but believe that is it as of now.

Also UVA and some southern schools are looking at him already. He said he didn't really follow any teams other than the northeast teams growing up and followed BC the most out of those.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
thanks for the info. just love how stacked ct is the next few years with talent. the prep schools are really coming back to life and the public schools are also getting better by the year. eventually, i hope uconn makes big noise in state. P so far has shown progress but were not there yet.

Reaction Score
Despite saying he followed BC more I really don't see anybody as a favorite and I think he's going to be a kid who goes in with an open mind and is totally wide open. Either way he's going to be a national level recruit in all likelihood. The NE is generally is getting better but to be honest with you I question whether it's gotten better or if there's just a lot more attention now. I think an argument could be made for both and it's probably a combination of both.

Reaction Score
39-0 Ansonia over Woodland at the half. Jai'Quan McKnight (Ansonia/QB) 8-8 passing, 215 yds, 3 TD passing, TD rushing in the first half.

Reaction Score
39-0 Ansonia over Woodland at the half. Jai'Quan McKnight (Ansonia/QB) 8-8 passing, 215 yds, 3 TD passing, TD rushing in the first half.
Ansonia rolled again tonight 47-16 over Woodland. McKnight, Newsome, and Matos all had big nights. Newsome took his first carry of the second half to the house to give Ansonia a 45-0 lead in the 3rd. The JVs recorded a safety and Woodland was able to add two late scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom