"It's A Wrap" For The Summer | The Boneyard

"It's A Wrap" For The Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The group looks so different. No Big Three, no Polly, no Kia, no Courtney. Surreal.
I kept looking and wondering--who am I missing--the big 3 and Kia (olympics) and my girl Courtney (ASU)
I wish the last 5 success (Kia --please only the Silver) and Courtney God carry you in all your ventures--we'll miss you.

Thank you Java Man...

Reaction Score
Every time I see Crystal, I can't believe how well built her arms are. Good picture but the girls don't look tired. Are they working hard enough?

Reaction Score

What's the deal with organized practices in the summer? Can a coach be present? Is it entirely pick-up? Can the coach send them workouts to follow?

Curious. I have no idea about it.

Reaction Score
What's the deal with organized practices in the summer? Can a coach be present? Is it entirely pick-up? Can the coach send them workouts to follow? Curious. I have no idea about it.
I don't know either. But from the looks of things, apparently Darth Vader is the organizer. :rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What's the deal with organized practices in the summer? Can a coach be present? Is it entirely pick-up? Can the coach send them workouts to follow?

Curious. I have no idea about it.
It is an ever-evolving area, I think. Definitely no full practices or 5 on 5 games with coaches present, that I am sure. Limited on-court contact, if any, I think. But yes, giving the players drills, a weight plan and all the rest of that are definitely ok, and the team can certainly do organized things - for example, the event out here for UofA season ticket holders to meet the new coach and staff included the entire team, and a recent facebook post indicated they had been doing something charitable, I forget what exactly.

In short, much more than they used to be able to do, but definite strong restrictions. The majority of those restrictions involve limiting coach / player instruction and (at least theoretically) limit the commitment of time demanded of the player. Once the school year starts, there is much more interaction allowed, and full practices after some date early in October.

Perhaps someone with more time on their hands can look up the details, it is in the NCAA Division I manual which is available on-line, I have used it in the past.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is an ever-evolving area, I think. Definitely no full practices or 5 on 5 games with coaches present, that I am sure. Limited on-court contact, if any, I think. But yes, giving the players drills, a weight plan and all the rest of that are definitely ok, and the team can certainly do organized things - for example, the event out here for UofA season ticket holders to meet the new coach and staff included the entire team, and a recent facebook post indicated they had been doing something charitable, I forget what exactly.

In short, much more than they used to be able to do, but definite strong restrictions. The majority of those restrictions involve limiting coach / player instruction and (at least theoretically) limit the commitment of time demanded of the player. Once the school year starts, there is much more interaction allowed, and full practices after some date early in October.

Perhaps someone with more time on their hands can look up the details, it is in the NCAA Division I manual which is available on-line, I have used it in the past.

Starting in summer of 2012 "coaches will be afforded limited time to interact with players per new NCAA rules. For up to two hours per day -- and up to eight hours per week -- coaches can work with their players, including incoming freshmen, in varying capacities." as long as the student are enrolled in summer classes.

Medcalf: New rules allowing summer access benefit freshmen and coaches

It not that I had a lot of time on my hands My daughter was playing DI ball that summer. This source just confirms my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom