It's a Very Very Long Shot ... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's a Very Very Long Shot ...

Reaction Score
The way this men’s frozen 4 is going, I’m not sure you want to join. The 4 Big10 teams won their games in the 1st round by a combined score of 36-4. The big test will in the next round when OSU plays #2 Quinnipiac.

Would love to have you, though.
As much as it pains me to say this, congratulations on a good game yesterday. Allentown was an electric environment, which is good for college hockey. Regardless of the outcome, 2-1 is far better than 8-0 or 11-1 for growing the sport w/casual fans. You guys have a stud in Fantilli. I'm not sure that he will win the HB because he is a frosh, but I find it hard to believe that there is any player better. Hopefully he hates college and wants into The NHL as quickly as possible. :cool:

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
As much as it pains me to say this, congratulations on a good game yesterday. Allentown was an electric environment, which is good for college hockey. Regardless of the outcome, 2-1 is far better than 8-0 or 11-1 for growing the sport w/casual fans. You guys have a stud in Fantilli. I'm not sure that he will win the HB because he is a frosh, but I find it hard to believe that there is any player better. Hopefully he hates college and wants into The NHL as quickly as possible. :cool:

This is the best PSU Hockey team I have seen in a long time. Very athletic. You had a great season, UM is just playing as good as I have seen them play in a long time. Looking forward to playing a great Quinnipiac team.

And a big congrats to all of you Huskies! Final 4 again!

Reaction Score
This is the best PSU Hockey team I have seen in a long time. Very athletic. You had a great season, UM is just playing as good as I have seen them play in a long time. Looking forward to playing a great Quinnipiac team.

And a big congrats to all of you Huskies! Final 4 again!
We lose some senior leaders, but we should return a pretty good team next year. Penn State's PK and goaltending were both awesome yesterday, but you can't hold up forever under the volume of shots on net that UM was putting up. We're still a young program, but we've now sniffed the Frozen Four. Hopefully we break through soon. Support for the program has been excellent, but this weekend's result could kick it up a notch. Good Luck against Quinnipiac. That should be a good one. Also let me echo Yooper's Sentiments in congratulating you all on the Final Four. The Huskies looked dominant against The Zags. Number 5 could be coming to Storrs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ACC is kind of a dead stick.

ESPN has its premier property, the SEC, and it‘s content to let the ACC wither rather than reopen their contract.

I don’t see them expanding because I do not see ESPN wanting to spend an extra dime on a conference that it basically already owns lock, stock and barrel.

Forget the Big Ten. Never going to happen.

Reaction Score
The ACC is kind of a dead stick.

ESPN has its premier property, the SEC, and it‘s content to let the ACC wither rather than reopen their contract.

I don’t see them expanding because I do not see ESPN wanting to spend an extra dime on a conference that it basically already owns lock, stock and barrel.

Forget the Big Ten. Never going to happen.
Agree with your last statement, but I think being in the ACC would be far preferable than being an independent. I don't think independent status is sustainable long term.

Reaction Score
The way this men’s frozen 4 is going, I’m not sure you want to join. The 4 Big10 teams won their games in the 1st round by a combined score of 36-4. The big test will in the next round when OSU plays #2 Quinnipiac.

Would love to have you, though.

UConn hockey ran Ohio State out of the XL Center, 6-1 and tied them in their only other meeting.. they also played QU to a tight 1 goal game which was won with 4min left.

Reaction Score
UConn hockey ran Ohio State out of the XL Center, 6-1 and tied them in their only other meeting.. they also played QU to a tight 1 goal game which was won with 4min left.
And this was supposed to be a rebuilding year. UConn Hockey would be welcomed with open arms into the B1G. Still not gonna happen.

But if it did, would the UConn women's program have to move to the CHA like PSU since there is no B1G conference for women?

Reaction Score
In that case, UConn women's hockey would be B1G school #6. I believe they only need 6 to officially sponsor the sport and get an automatic bid.

If the conference would actually need 7 schools to sponsor the sport then likely Michigan, Michigan St, or Notre Dame would be asked to upgrade their program or the conference could add an associate member like Minnesota Duluth.

But I'm sure Women's Ice Hockey won't be the deciding factor for UConn membership

Reaction Score
In that case, UConn women's hockey would be B1G school #6. I believe they only need 6 to officially sponsor the sport and get an automatic bid.

If the conference would actually need 7 schools to sponsor the sport then likely Michigan, Michigan St, or Notre Dame would be asked to upgrade their program or the conference could add an associate member like Minnesota Duluth.

But I'm sure Women's Ice Hockey won't be the deciding factor for UConn membership
I think it is six, or at least it was at some point because I remember reading something about that when Pegula dropped a hundy mill on Penn State to build a new arena. It's crazy how some of these schools have benefactors that'll just drop 9 figures on a school whether it's the Pegulas, T. Boone Pickens, or Phil Knight.

Reaction Score
The B1G currently has 4 Women’s Ice Hockey teams, so 2 more would be needed for the automatic bid:

Minnesota
Ohio State
Penn State
Wisconsin

The other sport that is close to sponsorship in the B1G is Men’s Volleyball, also with 4 teams:

Ohio State
Penn State
UCLA
USC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member