Its a new season... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Its a new season...

C

Chief00

Yep and he's another PP guy...also with a bro who passed on the opportunity to be coached by Diaco. If Summers can rebound, he also might get an NFL look...and he too is also from the PP era.
Coach P had a decent eye for talent when he saw it.

Reaction Score
You are correct sir. New England College Player of the Year in 1973, 11th Round Draft Choice by The Pack. Played from 1974- 1981. 7 100 yard rush games in '73, held single season rushing record for 22 years, now 3rd. (And big Dylan fan...)
No Eric Torkelson? I believe that he had the longest NFL career of any UConn player until DO passed him a few years ago.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Loving these vids. Working hard and having fun. A great combo.

Absolutely! Doesn't it look like every time there's a video, that the players are acting like they just won the Superbowl? I've never seen that in a practice. I've certainly never felt that way during a practice!

REStorred is doing something special on campus, I think... :cool:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'll top that. For rational optimism, I went to the Conference Realignment board... :confused:
I believe you mean"irrational exuberance."

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In before someone suguests we use this during pregame at the Rent.

Oops, I just did.

Reaction Score
You are correct sir. New England College Player of the Year in 1973, 11th Round Draft Choice by The Pack. Played from 1974- 1981. 7 100 yard rush games in '73, held single season rushing record for 22 years, now 3rd. (And big Dylan fan...)
Eric had the most successful pro career of any of those guys, 8-9 years with the Packers.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Eric was my lab partner in our Geology class during the spring semester of his senior year. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met. His game vs Rutgers at Memorial Stadium in 1973 was one of the greatest single rushing efforts I've ever seen. Clinging to a narrow 20-19 lead going into the fourth quarter, we got possession of the ball with about 14 minutes left, deep in our own territory. We proceeded to run the ball on every single play, with Tork carrying. He never gained more than maybe three to five yards per carry, but we held the ball, getting one first down after another until the one minute mark, when we scored a TD to win the game 27-19. He outdueled Rutger's All-American tailback J.J. Jennings that day. Jennings was so good he still holds a lot of rushing records for Rutgers.

The funny thing about Eric is he was not physically imposing in the least. To look at him you'd have never guessed he was a football player. I think his playing weight at UConn was 190. He just had a tremendous will. His senior season team went 8-2-1, losing only to Lehigh by two points, who had a future NFL QB named Kim McQuilken, and perennial power Delaware.

Just saw a video interview with Eric on the Packers website recently, a sort of where are they now thing. It may still be on there. He remained in the GB area after his playing days were over and became a successful businessman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom