It's A Family Affair (Songs) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

It's A Family Affair (Songs)

Reaction Score
Alex Taylor and and his more famous brother James often teamed up on each others albums.

This tune, Highway Song, was written by James, but Alex just delivers a great rendition of it, a haunting testimony to the lure of the open road.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Sparrow evolved into Steppenwolf. They were recorded at the Matrix, and some of that became the album Early Steppenwolf, featuring Jerry and Dennis Edmonton. The Edmontons were born McCrohan. One alias wasn’t enough for Dennis, who became known as Mars Bonfire.

Reaction Score
In my area we have had some amount of rain for 21 out of 23 days this month. I wish we could send some of it to the Western States. It's raining here now and I thought of this song from the Judds:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
In my area we have had some amount of rain for 21 out of 23 days this month. I wish we could send some of it to the Western States. It's raining here now and I thought of this song from the Judds:

Use some of the proposed infrastructure money to build 4 separate pipelines across the U.S., with them going from East to West. Have it capture the excess water from the flooding and fill the lakes West of the Rockies. It would help relieve the flooded areas and get water to where it is needed.

Reaction Score
Use some of the proposed infrastructure money to build 4 separate pipelines across the U.S., with them going from East to West. Have it capture the excess water from the flooding and fill the lakes West of the Rockies. It would help relieve the flooded areas and get water to where it is needed.
Good idea and maybe there are lots of left over oil pipes that could be used. I think that desalinization projects should also be increased big time.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Good idea and maybe there are lots of left over oil pipes that could be used. I think that desalinization projects should also be increased big time.
California has been talking about those since the 60's. Most of them never got off the drawing board because of lawsuits by so called environmentalists.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
The Sparrow evolved into Steppenwolf.

Listening to "Tighten Up Your Wig" I couldn't help but think it sounded familiar. The secret is revealed in the last verse:
Just before we go, I'd like to mention Junior Wells
We stole this thing from him, and he from someone else
It's basically a copy of the Junior Wells song "Messin' With The Kid" (inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in 1998), which I'd recently been listening to the Blues Brothers perform live:
Jake: Hey Elwood, you wanna mess with The Kid?
Elwood: Nah Jake, I don't wanna mess with The Kid.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think there are 3 Timmins siblings in the Cowboy Junkies.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Listening to "Tighten Up Your Wig" I couldn't help but think it sounded familiar. The secret is revealed in the last verse:
Just before we go, I'd like to mention Junior Wells
We stole this thing from him, and he from someone else
It's basically a copy of the Junior Wells song "Messin' With The Kid" (inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in 1998), which I'd recently been listening to the Blues Brothers perform live:
Jake: Hey Elwood, you wanna mess with The Kid?
Elwood: Nah Jake, I don't wanna mess with The Kid.

Tighten Up Your Wig is definitely a direct ripoff/homage to Messing With the Kid. I‘d thought the tune was traditional, whence the line “I stole the thing from him, and he from someone else”. Wikipedia doesn’t say that, so I may misremember.

Reactions: HHH

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Okay, I‘ve resisted as long as I can. I apologize in advance and all that. Here are the Shaggs, three sisters from New Hampshire. Each of the three does her own thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom