It won't get attention but the game was oven when... | The Boneyard

It won't get attention but the game was oven when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Reyes ran into the punter. The best player on the team can't give Louisville a first down in that situation. It just can't happen.

Reaction Score
Reyes ran into the punter. The best player on the team can't give Louisville a first down in that situation. It just can't happen.
Agreed completely. While not technically a TO, it obviously was in terms of its effect. I turned to my wife and said "I 100% guarantee they will score on this drive and the game is over." Bingo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Actually it's getting plenty of attention.

Just about every poster here has mentioned it as a momentum changer and PP mentioned it in his press conference.

Reaction Score
Kudos to their punter though cause Reyes didn't touch him at all.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually it's getting plenty of attention.

Just about every poster here has mentioned it as a momentum changer and PP mentioned it in his press conference.

My bad then. I'd set myself on fire before I listened to a coach's press conference.

At this point there are only 10 people posting here anyway, so they probably did all mention it. It just bothered the crap out of me when it happened.

Reaction Score
Yes, that was on the 5 or something. As bad a football play as someone can make in that game situation.

But McEntee is awful, missed passes and all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
unacceptable mistake by Reyes. UConn would have gotten the ball at the Louisville 40.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My bad then. I'd set myself on fire before I listened to a coach's press conference.

At this point there are only 10 people posting here anyway, so they probably did all mention it. It just bothered the crap out of me when it happened.

I didn't listen either. It was part of the post game quotes posted from the press conference on the Huskies web page.

Reaction Score

Most of the folks here were at the game. Still making their way back home. Me? I am drinking this off.......

Reaction Score
And done what?

Actually, I think we had a good chance to do something positive with a short field. Momentum was going our way. One never knows, but that penalty gave us no chance and led to 7 from the ville...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Most of the folks here were at the game. Still making their way back home. Me? I am drinking this off.......

I wasn't talking about tonight, I was talking in general. Even the realignment board went dead in the last two weeks.

Reaction Score
It was a huge play, no doubt about it.

But, when Nick Williams dropped those to quick hitters in the slot in succession in the first half I thought it was a huge momentum swing and it also allowed Lousiville to keep its safeties and backers where they wanted them. Those should have been big gainers and they probably would have moved a safety and linebacker round to get the running game going.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another big play was after Louisville scored their fourth TD and got called for the unsportsmanlike penalty. The penalty would have been applied on the kickoff and we would have had real good field position.

Then JJ gets an offsetting 15 yarder, Louisville kicks off from regular position and it's a touchboack.

Reaction Score
Reyes running into the punter was a bad play, no question, and they ended up scoring on the drive which completely killed the rest of the game for UConn. Keep in mind though that we had had the ball in UofL territory TWICE the prior 2 possessions early 3rd qtr, and both drives fizzled out thanks to dropped passes and an underthrown ball. Too many missed opportunities to do something with good field possession, which is a continuing theme of this horrid season.

Reaction Score
I wasn't talking about tonight, I was talking in general. Even the realignment board went dead in the last two weeks.

Realignment board is dead because there's no movement in the offices in Providence. There's been a saying on this board that announcements will happen in Tuesday. Too many Tuesdays have come & gone by to sustain interest. Wake me when some news actually is announced.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Was a huge play, and in my opinion only second to the opening kick off return for a TD in terms of momentum swings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom