It was a great effort by South Florida | The Boneyard

It was a great effort by South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
One of the great secret joys of being a UConn fan is getting to watch everyone's best game.

Rich Hollinberg, Bob Wentzel's broadcast partner last night, has covered South Florida several times this year, and mentioned, "boy, this is easily the best they've played all year."

I watched South Florida myself the last two games. What I saw was a team with some athletic talent, but was prone to long scoring droughts.

That didn't happen last night. Let's face it, they were jacked up. A lot of that had to do with who they're playing. One of the preseason league favorites. The Defending Champs. The most storied program in the league for your conference opener.

I say congrats to them for stepping up and coming to play.

They gave a great effort, lots of energy, hustle, and aggressiveness. They were also a little streaky hot from deep.

UConn got a tough test and Lamb responded with a terrific display of scoring prowess.

It was fun to watch and I secretly hope other teams bring similar efforts. I think I'll not be disappointed.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Big East.

Road game.

Defending national champs.

Head coach out.

Young team.

South Florida was full strength.

... was just happy to get away w/ a win. On to St. John's!

Reaction Score
It was great to see UConn in person, and a road BE win is all that counts. At times, USF gave a great effort, exhibited lots of energy, hustle, and aggressiveness. In contrast, on other occasions they also stood around on O and failed to box out at both ends. Be happy USF took some time off, UConn put forth enough effort, and take the W.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Come March, the W will be all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads