It once seemed like this nba record might never be broken. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It once seemed like this nba record might never be broken.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Horribly ignorant take.

The 90's with the Jordan Bulls, Stockton/Malone Jazz and even the Blazers were great hoops.

The Shaq and Kobe Lakers were must watch Hoops too.

2000-2010 NBA was unwatchable.

Steph, KD, Luka and a few others are making it interesting again.

Westbrook and Harden NBA is trash.

Not sure how a difference in opinion is “ignorant.” You’re a hostage to nostalgia.

Jordan was Jordan and I’m glad I watched him in his prime but overall the talent and competition were not great compared to recent years. I referred to a long period so obviously some years were better than others but I don’t miss the iso offense.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
cuzzin vinny! omg, now thats funny. true, too.
let's hear from the folks, shall we?
'That means the NBA is headed for an even worse overall season when it comes to TV ratings than the disastrous 2019-20 campaign.'
NBA TV Ratings Continue To Tank | The Daily Caller
5/11/21.
businessman-stinks-18617951.jpg

All you ever care about is ratings. It’s weird. You obsessed over how many people liked a 50 Cent Instagram post.

You do realize there are more things to watch these days, right?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
All you ever care about is ratings. It’s weird. You obsessed over how many people liked a 50 Cent Instagram post.

You do realize there are more things to watch these days, right?
y u yellin at me? go spread ur gospel of nba wonderfulness to the nation, if they'll listen, but i doubt it. it's boring, lost in a false sense of importance, and, er, umm... did i say it's boring? but hey, i get it. the knicks! the garden! it's where it's at! not.
sooooo yesteryear. popularity is a real thing, ya know, and nba ball ain't it. how many years have i been pointing this out here? bbut crooklyn, it's how it be! only in the movies and on sportscenter, jack. only there.
the current nba has only one business model, to lecture us to death, and to be china shoe whores, sans fun and competition. i play hoops, and in the last say, 1/2 dozen or so years, nba talk by others on the court has almost disappeared. no more 'im watching the warriors tonite, or 'x' messed up 'y' yesterday, or the nuggs will be a tough out,' or such. zero. nada.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
y u yellin at me? go spread ur gospel of nba wonderfulness to the nation, if they'll listen, but i doubt it. it's boring, lost in a false sense of importance, and, er, umm... did i say it's boring? but hey, i get it. the knicks! the garden! it's where it's at! not.
sooooo yesteryear. popularity is a real thing, ya know, and nba ball ain't it. how many years have i been pointing this out here? bbut crooklyn, it's how it be! only in the movies and on sportscenter, jack. only there.
the current nba has only one business model, to lecture us to death, and to be china shoe whores, sans fun and competition. i play hoops, and in the last say, 1/2 dozen or so years, nba talk by others on the court has almost disappeared. no more 'im watching the warriors tonite, or 'x' messed up 'y' yesterday, or the nuggs will be a tough out,' or such. zero. nada.

Like I said, more options. You think 120 million people would watch the M*A*S*H finale in 2021? I used to watch boring NBA games on weekends because it was the only thing on. (Same reason I used to watch the Colts beat the Pats 9-6 on Channel 30.) Now I can stream any show that ever existed.

In my world, lots of people are interested in watching 6'10" guys break ankles and hit 30-footers.

So you've got an apples-to-oranges comparison and an anecdote.

Reaction Score
Julius Randle just became the sixth player in NBA history to average 24/10/6 .... just shows you how easy to it is to get stats in today’s game.

Reaction Score
Not sure how a difference in opinion is “ignorant.” You’re a hostage to nostalgia.

Jordan was Jordan and I’m glad I watched him in his prime but overall the talent and competition were not great compared to recent years. I referred to a long period so obviously some years were better than others but I don’t miss the iso offense.

The NBA was wildly popular in the 90s. It's a fact, not an opinion.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The NBA was wildly popular in the 90s. It's a fact, not an opinion.

Nobody said otherwise. nicolascageface.png

It’s my OPINION that the recent Warriors teams, for example, would have been super fun to watch for those of us watching NBA on NBC back in the 90s.

And it’s a FACT that virtually everything on TV in the 90s — including, say, sitcoms — had much better ratings back then than they do now.

Which style of play was more fun, and which era had more overall talent, are subject to OPINION.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Julius Randle just became the sixth player in NBA history to average 24/10/6 .... just shows you how easy to it is to get stats in today’s game.

Really thought you made a point there, huh? One might say it seems pretty freaking rare.

Also, the notion that points per game are crazy high is factually wrong.

Teams were scoring virtually the same in the 80s, then the average went down all the way to 91.6 in 1998-99. Gross.

Reaction Score
Really thought you made a point there, huh? One might say it seems pretty freaking rare.

Also, the notion that points per game are crazy high is factually wrong.

Teams were scoring virtually the same in the 80s, then the average went down all the way to 91.6 in 1998-99. Gross.
Sounds like you’re a know it all and putting everyone in their place ... so how’s this for facts! Steph Curry has changed the game for better or worse. Last season 27+ teams attempted more than 30+ threes a game , 2004 there were no teams attempting more than 23 attempts. Game has changed where you have role players attempting 10 threes game. Easy stats where everyone allergic to Defense ....go watch some games Bro

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Sounds like you’re a know it all and putting everyone in their place ... so how’s this for facts! Steph Curry has changed the game for better or worse. Last season 27+ teams attempted more than 30+ threes a game , 2004 there were no teams attempting more than 23 attempts. Game has changed where you have role players attempting 10 threes game. Easy stats where everyone allergic to Defense ....go watch some games Bro
8OUWX.gif

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Steph Curry has changed the game and people are making a lot of 3s; but when people are making step-back 28-footers on the regular it's hard to say that's because players are allergic to defense, as opposed to it being due to an improvement in 3-point shooting range and accuracy. As they say, good offense beats good defense. See, e.g., Bazz 2014.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom