It is a game | The Boneyard

It is a game

Reaction Score
no one likes to lose; especially me. But come on people..these fine young women are not saving lives; they’re playing a game. They’re giving their all. I do feel terrible for Gabby and Kia, but they’ll go in to lead wonderful lives I’m sure. Wish them well. Stop blaming and vilifying. Enjoy the off season and remember..there’s always next season! Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I’m pouting for sure.....it’s such a hard pill to swallow; especially against ND.

Here is my bad mojo theory: Uconn Athletic Dept. needs to stop sending out the invite to “Celebrate the Season” until after the season is over. The first 2 years they waited and we won. 2017 and this year, they sent out the email 2-3 weeks ago and we lost in the semi final. Coincidence.....I think not.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
even McCowen slipped up and said UConn at the end of their game

Reaction Score
exactly
No, seriously, is there such a thing? If so I dunno how I feel about that since softball is usually associated with half drunk pizza eating co-workers trying to hit a giant ball on Tuesdays and Thursdays after work.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No, seriously, is there such a thing? If so I dunno how I feel about that since softball is usually associated with half drunk pizza eating co-workers trying to hit a giant ball on Tuesdays and Thursdays after work.
seriously... go to the UConnHuskies webpage

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Sooooooo we should just stop talking women's basketball and move on to the softball season?

How about the WNBA? 14 (soon to be 16) UConn alums on 9 out of twelve of the teams! This is women's basketball at the highest level.

Reaction Score
I ha
Sooooooo we should just stop talking women's basketball and move on to the softball season?
I hate when we lose too..
I’m sorry I’m not going to let it ruin my night..

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Softball?

Facebook-2764d3.png

Reaction Score
I am much more upset about this than last year. We should have won, but more importantly the team deserved to win and enjoy it more.

All of Geno’s talk this season about the pressures and impossibly high expectations was self fulfilling. What happened to play hard, have fun? That goes for him too, the commentators all mentioned how uptight he was during the day. The poor guy needs to enjoy the ride a bit more. He’s getting to spend his days with elite athletes who are terrific people, and helps them become better. He needs to make a lasagna for the team and appreciate the Italian boy life!

Reaction Score
Didn’t you hear? Geno needs to retire. Maybe we should bring in Holly from Knoxville, and stop recruiting All Americans???
(sarcasm for the posters who think we’re “doomed”)
Who is in Knoxville? Old Dominion? Louisiana Tech?
Just another irrelevant program who wears a hideous orange color.

Reaction Score
damn all that... if UConn had won it wouldn't be just a game, let folks vent and pout if they wish
Exactly, after all this is a discussion forum . I've always found it amusing that Geno can demand perfection on a daily basis , but if the fans discuss what we think went wrong, then we are demanding and spoiled. I have enjoyed the season, and will enjoy the next, and the next.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
damn all that... if UConn had won it wouldn't be just a game, let folks vent and pout if they wish
How about restricting postgame analyses after losses to the Chat section? Just a thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom