It finally hit me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It finally hit me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our offense has been bad now for a long time and it has occasionally been papered over by studs who can create for themselves late in a shot clock. Watch our 2014 NCAAT highlights. How many huge, momentum-swinging plays are Shabazz pulling up for a 23-footer and nailing it at the end of the shot clock?

JC was never a great offensive coach, but usually got the most out of his teams through toughness, defense, and player development.

KO was supposed to be a bright, NBA-trained mind, who could instill an innovative offense. He has not come as advertised. Moreover, given his now demonstrated inability to develop players, we're going to continue to struggle.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
obviously having a Shabazz or Kemba type would help tremendously but thats a tall order to ask for.

Honestly if this team even had a guy like Niels Giffey we'd be in a much much better spot than we are today. His spacing and rebounding/defensive abilities were so valuable to the offensive flow. Would allow for guys to drive the lane and kick to Giffey on the wing who was a knock down 3 point shooter. I don't know who is currently trying to play that role on offense (Omar? Purvis?) but it isn't even close to what we need out of it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The Nolan/Calhoun class hasn't helped. I've heard nothing negative about either one of them off the court but on the court they've been the least productive class in at least 30 years.

Reaction Score
Our good shooters are for some reason bringing the ball up the floor during key moments of the game instead of getting open off of screens like they should be.

Reaction Score
The Nolan/Calhoun class hasn't helped. I've heard nothing negative about either one of them off the court but on the court they've been the least productive class in at least 30 years.

Facey/Brimah/Samuel isn't much better. Those two classes back-to-back are the reason we've had to resort to bringing in all these transfers for major roles.

Ollie deserves a lot of blame for what's gone on this year, but the major holes in our roster can be laid squarely at the feet of JC, who left a pretty horrible mess upon his departure.

Another factor we sometimes forget is that Omar Calhoun was supposed to be our next stud wing. His gross underperformance (maybe injury related, though he was a hell of a lot better as a freshman before the surgeries) is a big factor in our struggles the last 2 years.

Reaction Score
BINGO!!!!!! I don't think any of these players have that mental tenacity to take the shot. Miller, although not a guard seems like he could be that guy down low... But he disappears. Is it because he isn't able to get the ball, or is it because the guards can't get him the ball?
I have to look at the film but I do believe Miller was hollering for the ball when DHam fumbled it. That sequence will reveal who wanted the ball. In all fairness Gibbs wants to be the guy its the creating part he struggles with.

Reaction Score
Our good shooters are for some reason bringing the ball up the floor during key moments of the game instead of getting open off of screens like they should be.
And whose fault is that???

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This point has been made ad nauseum on here. Well written though.

The main reason for it is recruiting sanctions imo.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They knew how to play offense for the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half. Ollie knew how to coach then too. In fact, their offense looked better than it had in ages.

We are not a good pressure team. Gibbs has been great only a few times. Others times, he just dribbles the possession away. Hamilton has been a lot worse. Isn't the ball always in their hands at crunch time?
They knew what to do, they had been doing it. This team hearsfoosteps and falls apart

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This has actually been repeated ad nauseum so is not a new perspective on anything in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom