It feels great to make it this far, but we know what the UConn standard is. And this isn’t far enough | The Boneyard

It feels great to make it this far, but we know what the UConn standard is. And this isn’t far enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

"The history and tradition, it helps you in recruiting,” Hurley said. “We sold it to these guys that we had done it here before (and) we can do it again, but it becomes a little bit of a mental hurdle. Like the early rounds of NCAA tournament where you feel like maybe the burden of history and tradition in first- and second-round games. When you coach at Rhode Island, you’re not always getting everyone’s best shot. When you’re at UConn, you get the other team’s best shot every night. So the climb to get to this point has been real, and it’s been more challenging than I thought.”

“It’s the biggest shoes in the entire country to fill to play for this university,” Jackson said. "Great history, great players, great coaching, championships on both sides, men’s and women’s. It feels great to make it this far, but we know what the UConn standard is. And this isn’t far enough.”

Reaction Score
That’s why I said this “playing with house money” was nonsense heading into this weekend.

If we escape an upset in weekend 1? I expect a title.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't like threads like these but I will say what I said a week ago (on a thread with the opposite perspective).

I want more, I'm spoiled and arrogant.

Reaction Score
After blowing everyone out in the first 4 games, to not win the NC would be very disappointing.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

"The history and tradition, it helps you in recruiting,” Hurley said. “We sold it to these guys that we had done it here before (and) we can do it again, but it becomes a little bit of a mental hurdle. Like the early rounds of NCAA tournament where you feel like maybe the burden of history and tradition in first- and second-round games. When you coach at Rhode Island, you’re not always getting everyone’s best shot. When you’re at UConn, you get the other team’s best shot every night. So the climb to get to this point has been real, and it’s been more challenging than I thought.”

“It’s the biggest shoes in the entire country to fill to play for this university,” Jackson said. "Great history, great players, great coaching, championships on both sides, men’s and women’s. It feels great to make it this far, but we know what the UConn standard is. And this isn’t far enough.”
I'm glad the coach & the kids feel this way but for me, this team's already ascended into the upper tier of the Pantheon with '90, '99 and '14.

We needed a group to restore hope, pride and excellence to the program. Title or not, this group's done it.

Reaction Score
Season is already a huge success. But it’s feeling like something very very special is about to happen.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
It’s Hurley’s first Final Four and we get a banner for that. Given that Hurley is in the infancy of building his UCONN legacy, that’s a big deal, great job. Factor in the improvement in level of talent, being back in the Big East, recruits coming in, a Final Four is great. Winning a National Championship puts Hurley ahead of schedule to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom