It didn't take long for Notre Dame…. | The Boneyard

It didn't take long for Notre Dame….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just the standard lamenting of lost traditional rivalries.....I see little other than that.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Well then I don't want to hear about it… they made their deal so suck it up. But I am sorry this is just like when they were in the Big East and they would say something they wanted and the Big East to bend over backwards for them. History will repeat itself.

Reaction Score
Just the standard lamenting of lost traditional rivalries.....I see little other than that.
Billy...unfortunately you are just seeing the beginning of this act with ND. This will continue from Kelly...and pretty soon Brey & McGraw start to chime in. I wish the ACC luck with them...they are gonna need it.

Reaction Score
Billy...unfortunately you are just seeing the beginning of this act with ND. This will continue from Kelly...and pretty soon Brey & McGraw start to chime in. I wish the ACC luck with them...they are gonna need it.
Yup, I've seen this movie before. Can't wait until the Gator Bowl or Russell Athletic Bowl select ND over an ACC team with an equal or 1 game better record.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Notre Dame is like the 5 year old who keeps saying and doing things to see how much they can get away with. ND temper tantrums are as predictable as the sun rising and setting every day. The Big East was a pushover parent and, by the looks of it, the ACC will be too.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't this just Notre Dame framing reasons why they aren't going to play Michigan? I thought it ended because they didn't want to.

Reaction Score

ND saw all the realighnments taking place all around them. They then panicked and joined the ACC in all sports, and committed almost half their football schedule for years into the future to the ACC... and bypassed the BIG for Hockey, and sought ( and were approved ) membership in Hockey East. Now, Kelly bemoans the loss of BIG teams on his schedule. Well, what a shame ( haha!)

Reaction Score
ND insists on remaining independent but is now obligated to play virtually a Big-ACC-East schedule, basically the merger of the two weakest power conference. That's a shame.

Reaction Score
Thought this was going to be about Notre Dame having a home game in Boston. Against Boston College.
BC will play ND anywhere, anytime, it wants to play. South Bend, Fenway Park, Chicago, NYC, Hartford, Cape Cod, Ireland, Kelly's house, Addazio's house, etc. ND can even pick the spot they want in order to make it happen.

Reaction Score
Seriously though........what self respecting program would agree to an away game in the city your program is based in?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Seriously though...what self respecting program would agree to an away game in the city your program is based in?

Let's be honest, ND has a much bigger presence in Boston than BC does. ND has a ton of alumni in the northeast and that's part of the reason why these two partner up so often.

Reaction Score
They tried to pull that crap with us. They wanted a 2v1 deal I believe where our 'one' would be at MetLife and they would get the half of the gate. We told them to get out. I can't wait, ten to twenty more years and 80% of their fans will be dead.

Reaction Score
Seriously though...what self respecting program would agree to an away game in the city your program is based in?
BC. ( and Uconn ) for starters.

They would probably make no other consideration with any other national program than with that of ND. This is afterall, ND. BC has done lots of home and away with's ND, and will do so in the future. BC suggesting to ND to have a BC game with ND at Fenway Park is what got ND back to the table with BC . ND does have a lot of fans in New England too lets not forget. So if they want to call, it a " home game " thats fine. Its not an " away game for BC" if you play it off campus less than 5 miles from your campus. They can call it anything they want, imo... so long as the game is played in Boston, which was the key to the whole agreement between the 2 schools for the game in the first place. Uconn would make this deal in a heartbeat too if they could. They'd be perfectly fine playing ND at the Yale Bowl ( or Fenway Park ) and letting ND call it a " home game " for themselves if that got it done, as you know that such a game played anywhere with ND beats playing more than half the teams on your current schedule ( same as BC in this respect too ).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They tried to pull that crap with us. They wanted a 2v1 deal I believe where our 'one' would be at MetLife and they would get the half of the gate. We told them to get out. I can't wait, ten to twenty more years and 80% of their fans will be dead.

that's a bit harsh, but it is pretty accurate

Reaction Score
So who exploited whom?
Neither, imo. But when BC beats ND at Fenway Park in Boston, the Domers will not only suffer defeat in Boston, but under their own self described definition, they will have lost a " home game " to BC. Sounds fine all around to me.

Reaction Score
BC. ( and Uconn ) for starters.

They would probably make no other consideration with any other national program than with that of ND. This is afterall, ND. BC has done lots of home and away with's ND, and will do so in the future. BC suggesting to ND to have a BC game with ND at Fenway Park is what got ND back to the table with BC . ND does have a lot of fans in New England too lets not forget. So if they want to call, it a " home game " thats fine. Its not an " away game for BC" if you play it off campus less than 5 miles from your campus. They can call it anything they want, imo... so long as the game is played in Boston, which was the key to the whole agreement between the 2 schools for the game in the first place. Uconn would make this deal in a heartbeat too if they could. They'd be perfectly fine playing ND at the Yale Bowl ( or Fenway Park ) and letting ND call it a " home game " for themselves if that got it done, as you know that such a game played anywhere with ND beats playing more than half the teams on your current schedule ( same as BC in this respect too ).

The real reason for this is because nobody in Boston gives a about BC football or basketball or... (anything but hockey)

Reaction Score
Notre Dame. They're getting the majority of the money from a game in another team's home town.
Oh please.. the financial return to BC for this game trumps most all other game financial returns that BC( or even Uconn) receives in most other games they play during their season.

Reaction Score
You must feel proud then. Being another team's patsy. Come on dude there is NO way to spin this as a positive. Another team scheduled a home game in your hometown, AGAINST YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom