It all comes down to Notre Dame, Unfortunately | The Boneyard

It all comes down to Notre Dame, Unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ACC wants Notre Dame. Adding Syracuse and Pitt just puts more pressure on the IRISH. There are only 2 more seats remaining at the table. Eventually Notre Dame will be forced to join a conference, and they know it. The question is do they see themselves as a better fit in the ACC or the BIG10. The ACC floated Rutgers and UCONN as possible members to apply even more pressure on the IRISH.

If the IRISH choose the ACC then it will between Rutgers and us (UCONN) for seat 16. Lets hope UCONN has more friends in high places then Rutgers!!!!!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Do you really think it is even a debate between the ACC and Big Ten for Notre Dame? Everyone has known for years that it was just a matter of time until Notre Dame joins the Big Ten. It is a no-brainer.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If ND joins a conference, I have to believe it's the B10

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You could be right. Another factor could be Texas, who now look like they won't go East but possibly West. But I'm wondering if they're not talking to the B1G too. If it's been determined that the LHN has to go away, or be folded into another network as a regional version, they might want to revisit the B1G... remember last year it was a topic of speculation. How about Texas, ND, UConn and RU (or another 4th school) to bring them to 16?

The fact that ESPN couldn't work out an arrangement for the LHN with the ACC probably means ND won't either - they're with a different parent company. Or at least that's how I read it.

Reaction Score
I've read about 50 articles in the last hour and not one makes mention of ND to the ACC....Texas is more likely than ND. The B1G isn't rushing into this expansion like everyone else.....they're waiting on ND

Reaction Score
Notre Dame wouldn't touch the ACC with a mile long pole.

ND eventually goes to the B10. No question about it. At this point, ND is irrelevant in the conference alignment frenzy.

Reaction Score
Let's hope they want the BIG10. Somehow the Notre Dame grads I know seem to associate themselves more with the Dukies, UVA, BC, at least academically. Who knows how this will all shake out, but lets hope it happens quickly.

Reaction Score
The new president has ties to Georgia Tech and the Georgia University System. By all accounts, she still has good relationships with the Georgia Tech administration. That is a plus. The continual improvement in the USNWR rankings can't hurt either on the academic side. UConn brings more to the table for basketball and other sports than Rutgers. I'd like to think that UConn would be a more attractive option, but who the heck knows where this crazy thing will end. I wouldn't mind leaving ND and their elitist attitude behind one way or another, but I can't deny how that rich academic and football tradition would be desirable for any conference.

Reaction Score
The ACC wants Notre Dame. Adding Syracuse and Pitt just puts more pressure on the IRISH. There are only 2 more seats remaining at the table. Eventually Notre Dame will be forced to join a conference, and they know it. The question is do they see themselves as a better fit in the ACC or the BIG10. The ACC floated Rutgers and UCONN as possible members to apply even more pressure on the IRISH.

If the IRISH choose the ACC then it will between Rutgers and us (UCONN) for seat 16. Lets hope UCONN has more friends in high places then Rutgers!!!!!

Not true. Not even close. ND is not going to the ACC. It's the Big 10 or nothing for ND. The ACC is not taking them w/out football. So ND's only play is stay with the Catholics as an independent or go to the Big 10 as a full member. ND would NEVER choose the ACC over the Big 10. The same is true of Texas with the Pac 12 or Big 10.

UConn is going to the ACC along with Rutgers. The only thing it comes down to is when will they apply.

Reaction Score
espn just reported ACC sources indicating that Rutgirls and Uconn are the two schools for ACC to get to 16. Not a mention of texas/ND, but rather targeting Uconn/Rutgers.

Reaction Score
espn just reported ACC sources indicating that Rutgirls and Uconn are the two schools for ACC to get to 16. Not a mention of texas/ND, but rather targeting Uconn/Rutgers.

New news? Or they still citing that USA Today article?

Reaction Score
New news? Or they still citing that USA Today article?

This did not reference the USA today articles, but their own sources. I'll try to find the link, but it was on ESPN homepage.

Reaction Score
Irish and UCONN to Big 10; RU and/or Cincy, Lousiville, USF to ACC.

Reaction Score
If I had to put my money down, Texas and ND end up in the Big10. Why? Two reasons.

Both schools in the past pushed to join the BigTen.

Texas did it 15 years ago (and was REBUFFED!!!!!). Notre Dame's administration elected to join (but then alumni and some trustees met at a chalet in France and nixed it!!)

These two schools have already sought to join the Big10.

Second reason, with Texas and ND folding their network and Tv deals into the Big10, combined with the Big10 network (which will go national and in some way squeeze out the SEC's TV power), there is more than enough money for Texas to be satisfied. We could be talking about $30 million a year or more for the Big10 schools. That's probably a lowball estimate.

Reaction Score
Irish and UCONN to Big 10; RU and/or Cincy, Lousiville, USF to ACC.

I agree.......the Irish and UConn to the Big Ten........along with Missouri and Rutgers. You guys DO realize that the "Big 4" are all going to 16 members, right??? Oklahoma, Oklhoma State, Texas, and Texas tech to the PAC-12 by the end of the week.......book it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom