Reaction Score
There once was a man from Stetson
This is a lock if you wanna place a bet, son
Jane his wife and daughter Judy
Not a bad team for double duty
By George, his surname was Jetson

Reaction Score
Watched the ASUN champ against Austin Peay. A few thoughts:

• Run a mix of 1-3-1 (base D) and man. Both are bad defenses. Undisciplined, bad gambles, and really weak inside.
  • Austin Peay ran pretty basic stuff and Stetson pretty consistently lost track of guys, leading to open looks. Samson should have some earth shaking alley-oops in this game. No idea how they’re going to manage all the action we run.
  • Bigs are really slight and were just bullied down low. No idea what their answer will be for Clingan, but my guess is Hurley just feeds him early.
  • A lot of their offense came from Austin Peay being one of the more incompetent PnR defenses I’ve seen in a long time. Still don’t really understand what their scheme was there. Mostly seemed to just result in wide open drives to the basket or pick and pops. Ended up just switching everything at points in the second because they were getting eviscerated.
  • Blackmon, their leading scorer, is a good shooter and can break down guys off the dribble. Don’t seem to be any other guys that can really create for themselves. No doubt Hurley will stick Castle and Diarra on him and then dare other guys to beat us.
  • Blackmon and Spencer WILL be jawing at each other. That is one thing I am most confident about in this matchup.

Reaction Score
Watched the ASUN champ against Austin Peay. A few thoughts:

• Run a mix of 1-3-1 (base D) and man. Both are bad defenses. Undisciplined, bad gambles, and really weak inside.
  • Austin Peay ran pretty basic stuff and Stetson pretty consistently lost track of guys, leading to open looks. Samson should have some earth shaking alley-oops in this game. No idea how they’re going to manage all the action we run.
Our PPP is going to be >1.3, minimum.
  • Bigs are really slight and were just bullied down low. No idea what their answer will be for Clingan, but my guess is Hurley just feeds him early.
This was our gameplan often in the non-con to start games against cupcakes

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Stetson has 6-3 Guard Jalen Blackmon, averaged 21.5 PPG, 43.4 % and 38.9% 3P. Got 43 today against Austin Peay. No problem for Castle. Remember 1st game of 2006 tournament and Mike Scott of Farleigh Dickenson. He kept it close. 42 pts.
Portal target?

Reaction Score
Anyone want to guess when the Sunday game might be?

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
The president of Stetson played basketball at Wesleyan, coached at my high school, and is legit a great guy… that’s all I got.
Yep. He was one year after me at Wesleyan. Captain of the basketball team and Academic All American in baseball. Nice to see him doing well.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we'll be able to let Clingan sit inside and have everyone else running them off the 3pt line. Defense with Castle on Blackmon and Newton on their PG should be the keys.

Reaction Score
Yep. He was one year after me at Wesleyan. Captain of the basketball team and Academic All American in baseball. Nice to see him doing well.
Wesleyan alumni are great pot smokers. Lol

Reaction Score
Stetson: may God have mercy on your soul. We are about to wreck you bums.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Wesleyan alumni are great pot smokers. Lol
Well, I maintain a TS/SCI clearance and am famous for not letting the Ultimate team get high before games when I was captain... parlayed that into a White House gig, and then a career of public service. So there's that. Oh, and I went to high school with Earl Kelley.

Reaction Score
Their guards are their team.
They can get hot and really drain threes
They are small
Not a very good defensive team
They will mix up playing zone and man to man

Reaction Score
The guy who coached FDU last year when they upset Purdue in the NCAA Tournament also went to Wesleyan. Bill Belichick went there. They must produce good coaches.

Reaction Score
Danbury hats WTF.
Stetson did own a hat company in Danbury one of if not the last to operate in that city .
I remember when it it closed as it was a big story .As Danbury was the Hat City for 120 years .
The iconic , what we now call a cowboy hat they invented wasn’t made in Danbury Unfortunately.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
What I love about being the #1 seed is how you get to learn that a far away school exists at all, let alone that the school has a Division I basketball team. Had anybody on this thread seriously heard of Stetson University just 2 days ago?

Well, come to think of it, I guess I did see a little bit of their conference championship game, but I’d have forgotten all about that in another month if UConn wasn’t playing them.

Reaction Score
What I love about being the #1 seed is how you get to learn that a far away school exists at all, let alone that the school has a Division I basketball team. Had anybody on this thread seriously heard of Stetson University just 2 days ago?
Great NCAA D1 baseball program

Reaction Score

Well, come to think of it, I guess I did see a little bit of their conference championship game, but I’d have forgotten all about that in another month if UConn wasn’t playing them.
I did. I predicted Stetson will get a P invite before UConn, because Florida.

Reaction Score
Did someone say Elijah Allen?
Hated that guy (til the game was over). Although he lit up Ricky, and Ricky took that personally … making it sort of a superhero origin story.

Reaction Score
Did someone say Elijah Allen?

It's worth going back and watching that game in the offseason. Allen's performance is legit one of the greatest things I've ever seen. He had 43 on 14-17 (6-7 from 3). Defines the "zone."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom