It’s Stetson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It’s Stetson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I read that Stetson is the best 16th seed. So UConn got screwed even here.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What I love about being the #1 seed is how you get to learn that a far away school exists at all, let alone that the school has a Division I basketball team. Had anybody on this thread seriously heard of Stetson University just 2 days ago?

Well, come to think of it, I guess I did see a little bit of their conference championship game, but I’d have forgotten all about that in another month if UConn wasn’t playing them.
As others have said they are a solid baseball pro

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
We live in central Florida now. Stetson is about 45 minutes from us. And yes, we know of Stetson and some of their athletics.

There is a lot of fanfare and excitement about Stetson making the first NCAA appearance. And there should be. People around Orlando are excited.

One of their guards had a brief interview this morning on Fox35 Orlando. He said they are excited to go and play UConn. He likened it to living the America dream. Anything is possible.

Let the games begin!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We live in central Florida now. Stetson is about 45 minutes from us. And yes, we know of Stetson and some of their athletics.

There is a lot of fanfare and excitement about Stetson making the first NCAA appearance. And there should be. People around Orlando are excited.

One of their guards had a brief interview this morning on Fox35 Orlando. He said they are excited to go and play UConn. He likened it to living the America dream. Anything is possible.

Let the games begin!!
I hope the power conferences don't take stuff like this away from us.

Reaction Score
Stetson did own a hat company in Danbury one of if not the last to operate in that city .
I remember when it it closed as it was a big story .As Danbury was the Hat City for 120 years .
The iconic , what we now call a cowboy hat they invented wasn’t made in Danbury Unfortunately.
There were several really large hat factories in Danbury. They all went vacant in the '50s after the classic felt hats fell out of fashion. They stayed vacant for about 10 years, and then, they all magically burned down in truly spectacular fires in the early 60s. The fires were a source of great viewing entertainment for us kids.

Reaction Score
Yep. He was one year after me at Wesleyan. Captain of the basketball team and Academic All American in baseball. Nice to see him doing well.
Played for Herb Kenny??

Reaction Score
I like "insulating the locker room" because the hype and praise are extraordinary. Ya play like underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom