It’s shocking the AD is broke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It’s shocking the AD is broke

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I thought Jamelle got a raw deal at Cincinnati, but she was getting a buyout. Geno just taking care of one of his former players is really sketchy and completely unnecessary.

I wouldn't put it on Geno tbh. I'd expect that from him. The AD for actually allowing that? That's where the problem really lies.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't say she has a made up job since she has to organize 7000 ex-collegiate athletes together. This was way overdue.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can this one be fixed? It may not ultimately be successful in getting to the P5, but the right hire could fix many of the problems.

There is a pretty clear opportunity - if you can improve UConn in their dire straights - in the future a lot of schools may be in this position because the more I look at where the media is going the less likely I think those P5 TV distributions are going to grow.
It's top heavy and seems to lack business sense. Right now though it seems to be all in getting to the P5. If it pays off, all will be forgiven/forgotten. If not, well the purge that will come will fix the hemorrhaging. Agree that there appear to be significant inefficiencies.

Hysterical thread though Whaler.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's top heavy and seems to lack business sense. Right now though it seems to be all in getting to the P5. If it pays off, all will be forgiven/forgotten. If not, well the purge that will come will fix the hemorrhaging. Agree that there appear to be significant inefficiencies.

Exactly. They’re putting it all in for P5.

The bloodbath If they don’t get in will be Jack the Ripper-ish on the budget

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I’m missing which activities are geared towards getting into the P5. The head football coach is paying assistants out of his pocket and they are spending money rolling out a social media site that is utterly worthless in this example.

Reaction Score
They also bring in Jamelle Elliott to a made up job. I am sure this is rampant over the entire athletic department. Yeah revenue is down but they spend like drunken sailors. Fiscal responsibility is non-existinat.

The State of Connecticut in a nutshell.

I remember Geno trashing Cincinnati for firing Jamelle Elliott (she had a terrible 9 year record.) In their first game vs UConn with their new coach they only lost to us by 10.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m missing which activities are geared towards getting into the P5. The head football coach is paying assistants out of his pocket and they are spending money rolling out a social media site that is utterly worthless in this example.
Maintaining 24 varsity sports so that they are a good match for the sports of a target conference and generate content for a network or online content comes immediately to mind. Paring down the excessive overhead in administration and paring down the numbers of sports offered or two readily apparent fixes to our current lack of profitability. Once we give up or P5 aspirations those will be the first things to go.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maintaining 24 varsity sports so that they are a good match for the sports of a target conference and generate content for a network or online content comes immediately to mind. Paring down the excessive overhead in administration and paring down the numbers of sports offered or two readily apparent fixes to our current lack of profitability. Once we give up or P5 aspirations those will be the first things to go.

What conference do you think the target conference is?

Reaction Score
The stadium never should have been proposed to be constructed in Hartford. No parking for 68,000 people, no tailgating areas, a complete traffic nightmare. It should have been proposed where the Rent is. This site proposal is typical of Connecticut power brokers and I would like to know who was the one that pushed this concept through. Patriots fans at Gillette do not pregame at restaurants. Completely clueless leadership here.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The stadium never should have been proposed to be constructed in Hartford. No parking for 68,000 people, no tailgating areas, a complete traffic nightmare. It should have been proposed where the Rent is. This site proposal is typical of Connecticut power brokers and I would like to know who was the one that pushed this concept through. Patriots fans at Gillette do not pregame at restaurants. Completely clueless leadership here.
Tailgate barges out on the river.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom