It’s Not Important What We Think | The Boneyard

It’s Not Important What We Think

Reaction Score
The players have a lot to prove. There are some non-Edsall recruits who think they should be in there. They’ll get their moments to shine. When they do, the intensity will be turned up. In Boise, from the stands it looked like we lacked the toughness required in the game. Too many Boise players required a kennel of Huskies to take them down. But in the end what’s important is how the players feel going forward. Tomorrow we’ll know a lot more. We can speculate about the outcome, but for the players the only things that matter are effort and belief.

Reaction Score
The players have a lot to prove. There are some non-Edsall recruits who think they should be in there. They’ll get their moments to shine. When they do, the intensity will be turned up. In Boise, from the stands it looked like we lacked the toughness required in the game. Too many Boise players required a kennel of Huskies to take them down. But in the end what’s important is how the players feel going forward. Tomorrow we’ll know a lot more. We can speculate about the outcome, but for the players the only things that matter are effort and belief.

I was at the game in the North End Zone. When we had the ball Pindell had no where to throw or run the ball. He deserves a lot of credit because his legs save us often.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There are some non-Edsall recruits who think they should be in there. They’ll get their moments to shine.

Are you saying there is a we-they dynamic on the team?

Reaction Score
Are you saying there is a we-they dynamic on the team?
I’d say a frustration by those who came before and are not currently in the lineup.
Whatever the reason, be it on the player as to talent, speed, attitude etc— or on the coach who wants to groom his own recruits during the rebuild, if players such as Marshé understand the dynamic and everyone can embrace it, the players will have their chance to shine when called upon. Then it’s up to them. No matter what we think.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I would hate to think RE has a bias against BD’s players. He can’t be that stupid to not play the best player because he didn’t recruit them.

Reaction Score
I would hate to think RE has a bias against BD’s players. He can’t be that stupid to not play the best player because he didn’t recruit them.
I wouldn't. He ran off half the Maryland team. You can't convince me Hopkins wasn't better than Mensah and Scott.

That said, most coaches try to purge rosters to bring in more of their own recruits.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I wouldn't. He ran off half the Maryland team. You can't convince me Hopkins wasn't better than Mensah and Scott.

That said, most coaches try to purge rosters to bring in more of their own recruits.
Hopkins would have played...he just didn’t like the role they had for him. And I am not certain you can say yet that he is better than Mensah and Scott. I thought Mensah was better than Hopkins last year.

But...I still struggle to imagine Edsall isn’t playing kids solely because they are BD recruits.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Hopkins would have played...he just didn’t like the role they had for him. And I am not certain you can say yet that he is better than Mensah and Scott. I thought Mensah was better than Hopkins last year.

But...I still struggle to imagine Edsall isn’t playing kids solely because they are BD recruits.

I think the more frustrated people are with the margins of victory, the more insinuations of Edsall running the team in unsavory ways we will see here.

Reaction Score
Very stupid thread in terms of content, commentary, and speculation.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
the players will have their chance to shine when called upon. Then it’s up to them. No matter what we think.

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom