It’s Football Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It’s Football Season

Reaction Score
I'm convinced that we'll eventually have a new on-campus stadium. Too much chatter about it.
We all remember Hathaway never taking advantage of the success we had with our football program during the 2003-2011 period. He was a weak and reticent leader. He never saw realignment coming and wasn't wired for the anticipatory steps needed to play in that arena. He never took the uncomfortable position of pushing his superiors to support stadium expansion, or a high priced coaching replacement once Edsall left. Later, Warde Manuel was caught flatfooted when it counted. But Dave Benedict understands that when the stars align you have to jump at the opportunities. He arrived with Auburn sensibilities. Unlike Hathaway and Manuel, he lived in the SEC as an administrator. He yanked our BBall into the Big East. Smart. When the brash Brett Yormark spoke of an NYC vision for the B12 and how much value he placed on BBall, DB jumped at the idea. Turns out Yormark loved us, but their Prez's didn't have his vision--and the Pac12 debacle presented him the 4-Corner schools that were too good to pass up. That left us standing once again at the altar. (Imagine the B12 being able to tout Kansas, UConn and Houston?) Now, with survival on the horizon, DB believes our footprint makes the ACC the better choice--in whatever form, after the coming defections. Our football needs a conference and our regional rivals make sense for us to be in a reconstituted ACC, as the $$ will always be an issue.

Lots of things are happening and UConn has never been more in the forefront of the sports psyche than right now. Leave it to a crazy Lakers and Hurley kismet moment. We need to show up at The Rent this year and win some competitive games with new portal players we don't even know yet. If we can feed off the fervor that's burning hot right now for the Huskies, it can sweep right into the football stadium.
We'll be heading down to Maryland to watch our debut. Last time we were there, Nicky-Will ran back a punt for a TD, we all went wild and we beat the Terps. Stefon Diggs was a Terp freshman then, but you knew right away he was a superstar. It was an awesome game and a great atmosphere. And we had a huge UConn fan turnout. Let's make this the year when the good juju finally heads our way. So, with a firm belief that they owe us, I'm making a good faith offering to the juju gods. I'm taking UConn over 4.5 wins, and UConn +24 vs MD. We all need to do that. Unlike Hathaway or Manuel, let's have the insight to anticipate what's coming, and the balls to "go big or go home"!
Nostical: Well said!

Reaction Score
Shouldn’t be private Try again.
We traveled like a major program. It was a great atmosphere! Let’s recreate it this year!!
Thank you. I’m getting to work on it right now.

Reaction Score
I will remind you that UConn Football’s practice facilities are pretty damn good compared to many P5 programs, the only thing missing is an on campus stadium.

Bringing a MLS franchise to the Rent has been discussed for years, by the Kraft organization and others. Go ahead and laugh it off but it still could happen.

You trust anything the Kraft family says? No pro team is coming to Ct(and no I don't count Hartford Athletic as a pro team)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom