It’s Football Season | The Boneyard

It’s Football Season

Reaction Score
Let’s go Mora men. 8-4, get on campus stadium talk on the front burner! Go Huskies FB!!
AllHusky is right. After these exhausting rumor-filled days about Hurley, the ups and downs of the baseball team -- it's time for football success and an on-campus stadium. Football drives the bus in conference realignment! ACC or another power conference, get ready for the Huskies!

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It's much cheaper to expand the Rent to 50,000 than build a new stadium in Storrs.
Word. Or squeeze more peons in the bleacher seats. Just keep them away from my chair-backs. LMFAO.

Reaction Score
Talking about an on-campus stadium at this point is just wasting bandwidth.
Stadium location can change dynamics of a lot of the gameday experience. It will not move needle on expansion dynamics. Winning has to be ## 1, 2, 3 in the top 3 right now. Everything else is noise.
Which is why the post leads with “8-4”

Reaction Score
Mind boggling to me that USF(and UCF) have jumped the line. In 1993, UCF was just a few random buildings in a field. It's a small city with a downtown now. USF was UCF's little sister.

From a Kolumbo post:

also in that post from Big Ten information:

"USF is a good option to add to the ACC. They are an AAU school, they are building a new football stadium on campus that will be better than most existing ACC football stadiums, they have a larger enrollment than your average ACC member, their football program is one of the youngest in FBS"

Reaction Score
Mind boggling to me that USF(and UCF) have jumped the line. In 1993, UCF was just a few random buildings in a field. It's a small city with a downtown now. USF was UCF's little sister.
"USF is a good option to add to the ACC. They are an AAU school, they are building a new football stadium on campus that will be better than most existing ACC football stadiums, they have a larger enrollment than your average ACC member, their football program is one of the youngest in FBS"
So you mean if Uconn builds their new stadium in Daytona Beach, they'd have a chance at the ACC, LOL! Kinda seems like if the Lakers moved to the Meadowlands, Hurley would be their next coach, Oh well !

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We have positive momentum thanks to men's hoops and Dan Hurley. Time to build on that. We must win at least 8 games this year in football. That will generate fan interest and positive press. Conference moves are coming, and we will be ready if we can show competence on the football field.

Reaction Score
If Mansfield stop being populated with NIMBYs, maybe. However, what should we do with The Rent? Should we give it to Goodwin or should we tear it down? I'm not sure if it should be torn down. Maybe if Hartford gets a UFL team (rumored) maybe it would be nice to get an on campus stadium.

Reaction Score
If Mansfield stop being populated with NIMBYs, maybe. However, what should we do with The Rent? Should we give it to Goodwin or should we tear it down? I'm not sure if it should be torn down. Maybe if Hartford gets a UFL team (rumored) maybe it would be nice to get an on campus stadium.
Said it on the site earlier, worse comes to worse give it to Central Connecticut for football. If Hartford gets UFL team, Rent would be great home field.

Reaction Score
Why is an on campus stadium whine fest infecting every football thread? It's a complete fiction. Keep it all contained in one thread and let that thread be the cesspool. This thread should be about the first days of what's going on at camp. Not a retread of a 15 years complaint fest.

Reaction Score
Why is an on campus stadium whine fest infecting every football thread? It's a complete fiction. Keep it all contained in one thread and let that thread be the cesspool. This thread should be about the first days of what's going on at camp. Not a retread of a 15 years complaint fest.
Hear!! Hear!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's much cheaper to expand the Rent to 50,000 than build an new stadium in Storrs.
Yep. It's also much cheaper to patch a tire rather than buy a new one. Of course the patched one won't last as long.

Reaction Score
I promise no stadium talk here: 2024 Summer Camp loading… ;)

Reaction Score
Thank you...I get the Alum who want to relive an on campus trip in the fall but 80% of the fans I've tailgated with, meet or brought to Uconn games over 30 plus years as a donor and season TX holder are CT sports fan in general not Uconn grads. Who like Uconn, enjoy the games but can care less about on campus. Uconn's been an off campus, entire state supported "franchise" with more Hartford than Storrs season ticket holders for close to 50 years. Just look at Hockey everyone screamed about an on campus arena. Well they got it, lost half the hockey fan base, and now the shinny new place and the mediocre coach have turned it into an on campus morgue. # Winning period !

Reaction Score
AllHusky is right. After these exhausting rumor-filled days about Hurley, the ups and downs of the baseball team -- it's time for football success and an on-campus stadium. Football drives the bus in conference realignment! ACC or another power conference, get ready for the Huskies!
It’s coming, this picture hangs in Mora’s office.

IMG_0985.jpeg

Reaction Score
Said it on the site earlier, worse comes to worse give it to Central Connecticut for football. If Hartford gets UFL team, Rent would be great home field.
Even with the on campus stadium, I think there would be some kind of agreement to have Mora’s team play at least one game at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Thank you...I get the Alum who want to relive an on campus trip in the fall but 80% of the fans I've tailgated with, meet or brought to Uconn games over 30 plus years as a donor and season TX holder are CT sports fan in general not Uconn grads. Who like Uconn, enjoy the games but can care less about on campus. Uconn's been an off campus, entire state supported "franchise" with more Hartford than Storrs season ticket holders for close to 50 years. Just look at Hockey everyone screamed about an on campus arena. Well they got it, lost half the hockey fan base, and now the shinny new place and the mediocre coach have turned it into an on campus morgue. # Winning period !
UConn needs the on campus stadium for the program, the on campus stadium will be built.

Reaction Score
UConn needs the on campus stadium for the program, the on campus stadium will be built.
Keep dreamin ...Mora will make the CFP before that happens, but I'd take 8 or 9 wins either way !

Reaction Score
Keep dreamin ...Mora will make the CFP before that happens, but I'd take 8 or 9 wins either way !
What some of you forget is that the construction company and architects who want the job of designing and building the new stadium will advocate for its development. Often, they have a lot of political clout. So too do our alumni.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom