It’s A Long Week Isn’t It? | The Boneyard

It’s A Long Week Isn’t It?

Reaction Score
Naked Gun GIF

Reaction Score
Ha! I went to bed last thinking about how long it's been since Saturday. Woke up this morning and was going to post about this week being the toughest on fans but great opportunity for players and staff.

We've all been cbb fans without a team in the game and it's merely a week looking forward to watching some basketball next weekend.

For us this year it is the ultimate of the agony and the ecstasy. X 2 What a ride! I hope it never get old.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
After Monday's game, plenty to do.

Tuesday was a long band rehearsal. Two plus hours and 22 songs. Big dance gig coming up on April 19th. Dance is already sold out. 350+ will be in attendance.

Today is my wife's retirement party. She is celebrating 47 years as a church organist and choir director. 6 churches in two states. Then we are going to a Meat Loaf tribute concert tonight.

Tomorrow is Gun Club BBQ. I'm on the cook staff doing the hot dogs.

Reaction Score
After Monday's game, plenty to do.

Tuesday was a long band rehearsal. Two plus hours and 22 songs. Big dance gig coming up on April 19th. Dance is already sold out. 350+ will be in attendance.

Today is my wife's retirement party. She is celebrating 47 years as a church organist and choir director. 6 churches in two states. Then we are going to a Meat Loaf tribute concert tonight.

Tomorrow is Gun Club BBQ. I'm on the cook staff doing the hot dogs.
Hey! Tell me about this tribute concert. Can someone do those songs as good as he and his band did? Sounds impossible.

Reaction Score
i'm sleep deprived from dealing with a newborn and woke up at 3am thinking it was Saturday. time has lost all meaning to me.
Same , it'll balance out for a minute and then it'll get worse. Sleep when they sleep . I've been leaving for work an hour early and napping in my car

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Same , it'll balance out for a minute and then it'll get worse. Sleep when they sleep . I've been leaving for work an hour early and napping in my car
It’s the brain fog that’s been bad for me, I feel like my brain is moving a step slower than normal. On the plus side I just ordered a little youth east regional championship shirt so in a few years we can have matching outfits

Reaction Score
It’s the brain fog that’s been bad for me, I feel like my brain is moving a step slower than normal. On the plus side I just ordered a little youth east regional championship shirt so in a few years we can have matching outfits
The brain fog is real. Congratulations !!! Blessings

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Hey! Tell me about this tribute concert. Can someone do those songs as good as he and his band did? Sounds impossible.
Not impossible at all.

This group did a ton of research on Meat Loaf aka Michael Aday. The gentleman playing Meat Loaf had it down pat!! The looks, the voice the dress were all Meat Loaf. His female counterpart had an excellent voice and great stage presence. She also happens to be married to the guy playing Meat Loaf. The musicians - keyboard, drums, bass and guitar were also excellent. That is not as difficult as it sounds. Just a matter of a lot of practice. The group blew away the audience of 55+ residents. I was with my wife and we had 60+ teenie boppers screaming around us all night. Not sure my left ear is still functioning yet.

BTW, Meat Loaf spent a lot of years in CT. When he was living in Redding, he coached his daughter's high school softball team at Joel Barlow High School.

BTW - I'm a semi-retired professional musician. It can be done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom