2020 Recruiting: - Ishmael El-Amin to transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Ishmael El-Amin to transfer

Reaction Score
Your creativity abounds!
1585693937768.gif

Reaction Score
I hear what you're saying and yes it has. But if you're a kid, even KEA's, don't you want to have them bestow the confidence of giving you a 'ship so you are equal to all those you will be playing with? I mean KEA would want to know they have that confidence also in his son for the Husky staff right?
If I were a kid with no history from the school yeah...but if Ish and Khaleed decided to do this to further help UConn get back and to be a part of it...bro that’s Legendary stuff.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Khalid mentioned his son is looking into some big east schools on a recent podcast and said it’s obvious which big east school he would want him to go to. We just have to wait and see. Seems like it’s not impossible.

Reaction Score
Just sayin....the walk on route has happened before. I also feel that the UConn program would find a way to make it as beneficial as possible.

Still super unlikely of happening that way
Scotty Burrell paid his own way to free up a scholly. Remember he was a pro baseball player when he came to UCONN. It’s not unprecedented.

Reaction Score
It’s not unprecedented.
It's not, but when it happens nowadays it's often coaches' kids.

Jace Howard at Michigan, Antoine Davis at Detroit Mercy, Connor McCaffery for a year.

This is a good player, a starter on a team that was 116th last season in a decent mid-major conference. Highly unlikely he'd go the walk-on route.

However, UConn is a nice fit. For the next two seasons, outside of Cole and Gaffney, we don't have any other classic ball-handlers so he'd be the third ball-handler off the bench.

Not only would it be really cool to have him, but he's a pretty good player.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's not, but when it happens nowadays it's often coaches' kids.

Jace Howard at Michigan, Antoine Davis at Detroit Mercy, Connor McCaffery for a year.

This is a good player, a starter on a team that as 116th last season in a decent mid-major conference. Highly unlikely.

However, UConn is a nice fit. For the next two seasons, outside of Cole and Gaffney, we don't have any other classic ball-handlers so he'd be the third ball-handler off the bench.

Not only would it be really cool to have him, but he's a pretty good player.

He’s pretty down on my list although I’d rather have Adams be an undersized 3 than running the point.

He’s behind Massoud on wake for me (although that’s more just conjecture than us on him at this point).

I wouldn’t mind a 3rd ball handler if we can’t get a stretch 4 or a long term option like sanogo.

Reaction Score
I would like us to find spots for past greats kids. If we had the right coach, at the time, he should have had a spot for him coming out. Playing behind Jalen A the 3rd pt. Maybe competing for time. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
with uncle kevin on the staff all it takes is a thumbs up from Hurley and it's a done deal

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
with uncle kevin on the staff all it takes is a thumbs up from Hurley and it's a done deal

Is he going to be happy with not a ton of pt available?

Reaction Score
I think he would be a really good fit. Also, don't let stuff online make you think he's something that he's not. A lot of places have him listed as a 6'1" PG when in reality he's a 6'3" SG (always played at the 2 last year with Ball State). Different player than Fatts.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
16.2 PPG, 3.0 REB, 2.9 AST, 1.3 STL, 2.4 TO.

Only played 23 games this year, not sure if the team experienced lots of pauses that disrupted his flow, but his shooting % were down this year compared to the 2 prior. Shot 40% FG / 32% 3FG this season. 2 prior were 43% / 39% and 47% / 37%. Free throw % up to 88%, however.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You'd have to think hed take about 20 of bouks minutes at minimum. From there he can earn more minutes based on performance.

Reaction Score
Would make for a great story and some additional backcourt depth. I'd be good with it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom