Isaiah Whaley | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I saw this clip of Isaiah today, and immediately thought of Dennis Rodman; not only the energy in his play, but his words expressing his desire to play defense against the best.

End of clip says 5 days until start of season. Almost makes you wonder if there will be four more clips of four other players over the next four days???

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I saw this clip of Isaiah today, and immediately thought of Dennis Rodman; not only the energy in his play, but his words expressing his desire to play defense against the best.

I don't know how this plays out over the next year, but that looks like an NBA player to my eyes. That is quick springs for jumping on the blocks and dunks and great, quick footwork on D. I see those clips and I see a kid who doesn't look like speed, quickness or hops make him look out of place or lacking. Yes, I am a big Pork Chop fan and what he has worked towards and achieved as a player.

I mean Precious was just a first round pick and by no means did anyone walk away from the game at the XL thinking Precious was a better athlete.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't know how this plays out over the next year, but that looks like an NBA player to my eyes. That is quick springs for jumping on the blocks and dunks and great, quick footwork on D. I see those clips and I see a kid who doesn't look like speed, quickness or hops make him look out of place or lacking. Yes, I am a big Pork Chop fan and what he has worked towards and achieved as a player.

I mean Precious was just a first round pick and by no means did anyone walk away from the game at the XL thinking Precious was a better athlete.
Precious is clearly the better athlete.

Reaction Score
I've always seen the Rodman similarity as well. Isaiah isn't as explosive an athlete but brings similar very energy to every minute he's out there.
Don’t underrate his athleticism.
His quickness and reaction time on D are his best assets. His positional size and trength, and shooting are his weaknesses. If he could improve his shooting he could be attractive.
I liked his defensive instincts since his freshman year you can’t teach that skill only improve decision making.

Reaction Score
Rodman was all about effort and it's not a stretch to see Whaley, if he improved his shooting over the summer, being drafted. Look at his proven pick and roll defense, quickness, hedging, shot blocking and rebounding.

But let's pray that if he does make it that he saves his money instead of investing tens of thousands of dollars in tattoos and piercings.............

Reaction Score
Rodman was all about effort and it's not a stretch to see Whaley, if he improved his shooting over the summer, being drafted. Look at his proven pick and roll defense, quickness, hedging, shot blocking and rebounding.

But let's pray that if he does make it that he saves his money instead of investing tens of thousands of dollars in tattoos and piercings.............

I'm guessing the tats aren't why Rodman is broke.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
He’s the wrench now for sure. It’s too fitting.
From AMORE'S Bouk article, " ...learning from Alterique, from Christian, from Zay [Isaiah Whaley].”

If Zay is good enough for his teammates, it's good enough for us.

Reaction Score
From AMORE'S Bouk article, " ...learning from Alterique, from Christian, from Zay [Isaiah Whaley].”

If Zay is good enough for his teammates, it's good enough for us.
Not sure if that counts as a nickname in the sense being discussed here. Zay : Isaiah :: Rich : Richard

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Not sure if that counts as a nickname in the sense being discussed here. Zay : Isaiah :: Rich : Richard
By that logic, we would need new nicknames for Bouk, Gaff, etc.

Reaction Score
By that logic, we would need new nicknames for Bouk, Gaff, etc.
I'm not saying anyone should refrain from referring to him as Zay. I am just saying this moniker is, to me, in a different category than Squirrel, Porkchop, Wrench, etc.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm not saying anyone should refrain from referring to him as Zay. I am just saying this moniker is, to me, in a different category than Squirrel, Porkchop, Wrench, etc.
Yes, it's in a different category. A real nickname. Those others are contrivances made up by unclever people trying to appear clever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom