Isaiah Whaley Signs With Hornets | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley Signs With Hornets

Reaction Score
Torn between I want Bouknight to get 20+ MPG, and I wouldn’t mind seeing him in an early G League game with Whaley

Reaction Score
What did Whaley do right at camp and practices?

I didn't see this coming (NBA signee). Anyone have knowledge of Whaley's improvement?

Reaction Score
What did Whaley do right at camp and practices?

I didn't see this coming (NBA signee). Anyone have knowledge of Whaley's improvement?
I know Charlotte brought him in for multiple workouts and he impressed them in each one. I've recently learned it was due to an injury that he didn't get any court time in the summer league. Before learning that, I was a bit perplexed as to why he wasn't playing, especially considering the Hornets G-League coach led the Summer League squad.

That's where they're projecting IW to land, so it seemed odd the coach didn't give him a few minutes in the blowout games just to see what he could do.

I hope Whaley can land a two-way deal, but I won't get my hopes up for that. Still, Charlotte is the team where he'd have the beat shot at it, due to the current construction if their roster. They still have a two-way spot open and of the 4 exhibit-10 guys they have, IW has the best chance of getting it.

Reaction Score
If was confirmed it's an Exhibit 10 (aka training camp invite, g league with more money) contract.

Reaction Score
He was a warrior

His shot wasn’t bad his confidence in it prevented him from a real growth
His defensive timing was always excellent. He averaged a block a game as a freshman playing 12 minutes. That’s a gift you have or you don’t.
His offensive game went from non existence to decent , but shooting 15-20 feet was always the big question. The amount of money he makes was directly proportional to his jumper. I’m thinking it was lack of comfort playing out of position rather than skill at UConn.
The kid left it all on the floor
He was the kind of player coaches love.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is a feather in DH's cap. As well as Whaley's, of course.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
buT HEs aN OLliE REcrUIt. OLlie!! oLLIe
and who developed him into an NBA player...stop trying to throw shade and diminish what IW did through hard work and the help of this staff.

Reaction Score
The Hornets love UCONN players
IMO, sadly for them... They ruined Kemba for no reward, and isolated Bouk in the G-League (albeit perhaps deservedly so), and Jeremy Lamb successfully escaped.... That all being said, I wish IW all the best...

Reaction Score
and who developed him into an NBA player...stop trying to throw shade and diminish what IW did through hard work and the help of this staff.
You missed my point.

Not throwing shade on IW or this staff. Target was those on this board that we’re all in on Hurley having only his own recruits, so he didn’t have to deal with the presumably substandard players inherited from KO.

Reaction Score
Sadly, he was released today. It sucks, but should he be signed to their G,-League team and remain with it for 60 days, he'll get a $50k bonus as per the exhibit 10. This was the expectation from the beginning, but with Charlotte's roster issues, I was holding out hope for him to get a 2-way deal.

Reaction Score
Hard worker. Plays to his strengths. Hope he lands somewhere.

Reaction Score
Hard worker. Plays to his strengths. Hope he lands somewhere.

I'm surprised he was the first to be waived. Several guys looked much worse than he did in the first preseason game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom