Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up

Reaction Score
A bunch of our own fans on this message board do as well. Makes no sense.
The Bouknight factor. UConn wasn’t close to a top 25 team last year with Bouknight sidelined. Will have to prove that the other players can do it. I believe they they can and they will.

Reaction Score
DH just scored his biggest recruit for 2021.Selling IW on coming back.

Now lets get some bucket getters and shooters

Reaction Score
Read into this however you like, but this from Polley sounds like someone coming back

C40E12AD-B2CD-4247-A40D-2C11864C9540.jpeg

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
These unlucky o board put back rim outs are going to start falling our way. No way we can be that unlucky again, for a complete season. I absolutely love this team we’re going to field next year. Should be one of the best defensive teams in the country. We lose Bouk but bring back 4 starters and 3 top 60 freshman. IDEAL.

Reaction Score
maybe you are looking at some advanced stats, I don't know. But his FT is 25% and his FG% is down 6% and he missed a lot more bunnies and putbacks this year according to my eye test FWIW. His 15 footer was more reliable last year, too, but yes his 3 point shooting is a nice added dimension. Hopefully he keeps improving that.
I acknowledged his FG % was down in my post - on more FGA. His points/assists/rebounds were all up and he actually shot threes this year. That’s not the eye test and those aren’t advanced statistics.

Reaction Score
I think next year's team will miss Bouknight LESS than this year's team missed Vital. By this time next year I think we'll be very , very pleased with Connecticut's Huskies ?

Reaction Score
Sanogo, Whaley, Martin are going to be the best rebounding front court in the big east AGAIN.
as long as they rebound each others missed jumpers and we lead the BE in second chance points too

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's not how it works, we'll be far more talented than we were this year and hopefully without all the headaches.
We don’t have anyone who can create his own offense like Bouknight and draw double and triple teams. That’s talent and we have less at the moment. Hawkins can score though.
Whaley needs to work more at making layups than outside shots. If he’s our spread the floor on offense guy, we are in trouble. As for Akok, I have no idea if he will get over his injury? Polley’s clock is ticking also.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Welcome back IW
Just wished CV could have returned for 1 more
Making $35,000 over 5 months would make me want to come back. At that point a graduate degree will earn you more out of the gate.

Reaction Score
That's always nice to have and Bouknight will be missed but I have a feeling we'll have more go to options and the defense should be filthy.
When we won NC’s we had a Rip/Khalid, Emeka/Ben, Kemba/Lamb and Bazz/Boatright. Without Bouknight, I just don’t see that at this point. What am I missing?
Interestingly, you called Bouknight a “headache” yet in other posts you called him a high lottery pick who should go to The League, when Chief advised James to stay. You don’t see a contradiction?
FD32A4DA-2270-4438-AD01-C8CB76D50A3C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is incredible. Sanogo, Whaley, Martin are going to be the best rebounding front court in the big east AGAIN. Possibly the country. This isn’t even hyperbolic.

Wow, did you see Baylor play?

Reaction Score
We don’t have anyone who can create his own offense like Bouknight and draw double and triple teams. That’s talent and we have less at the moment. Hawkins can score though.
Whaley needs to work more at making layups than outside shots. If he’s our spread the floor on offense guy, we are in trouble. As for Akok, I have no idea if he will get over his injury? Polley’s clock is ticking also.
100%. Without Bouk, this current roster is less talented, not more. What a joke. Whaley is a nice surprise and certainly helps our depth and defensive pressence in our frontcourt. As is, this team will struggle to score points. Our backcourt remains a concern. To me, on both ends. We don't have to look to far to see what this team looks like without Bouk. Maryland doubled him all night and we had 4 others who stood still and couldn't hit a side of a barn. I feel part of the problem late in the year was Cole was completely exposed. Gaffney is not a pg and I am not sure he is even a 2. He attacks the rim well, but thats just about it. He cannot run an offense. My guess is this team will play old school basketball. Pound the ball down low and play relentless defense. Games in the 50s, we win. Games in mid 60s and higher, we lose. But more talented without Bouk? What a joke.

Reaction Score
as long as they rebound each others missed jumpers and we lead the BE in second chance points too
This was lacking in the Maryland game. You can rebound all you want, but if the ball doesn't go into the basket, what have you gained? Expended effort and hustle that doesn't move the needle?

Maybe, less time for the other team to have the ball and execute its offense?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Isaiah Whalley. Constant hustle, active aggressive defense and offensive glass, leadership by example. This gives us again a great balance of senior leadership with a growing, highly talented crowd of youth. I will have a lot of pleasant thoughts throughout the spring, summer and fall about next year's team. Great job by the staff. Fingers crossed on getting them back for summer work especially shooting and breaking in the new guys.

"Welcome back guys!!"

1617801554558.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom