Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up

Reaction Score
Frankly I’m shocked the professional opportunities must be dry.. It’s hard to believe Whaley couldn’t hook up but Polley can so
who knows.
I thought for sure he could find a G league spot . Crazy basketball situation
If he works on the the shot snd he becomes a lot more valuable .
Professional opportunities have been impacted by COVID.. Another year in Storrs only makes IW's ability to make money at the next level that much higher.

If he can consistently hit his outside shot. He'll have a lot of opportunities after college.

Reaction Score
Have to imagine our front court is set now. Sanogo, Whaley, Akok, Johnson, Springs is a strong 5. And Martin is capable of playing the 4 too
I wonder what this does to springs actually.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder what Springs is thinking....

There are a lot of variables though- Akok’s health is seemingly still a big question mark. Not sure what Samson can produce his freshman year.
So maybe Springs can get some good PT next season, but if Akok is 100% it’s hard to see him seeing floor too much.

Sanogo and Whaley will obviously get the lion’s share of PT.

I don't think we see SJ until Sophomore year. He has skills, but think he isn't as polished yet as Diggins and Hawkins who I see pushing for PT right away.

For the 4/5 spots, I presume it goes as follows:

• 15 minutes Whaley
  • 15 minutes Akok
  • 10 minutes Springs
  • 25 minutes Sanogo
  • 12 minutes Whaley (combined 27, which is what he averaged this season)
  • 3 minutes Akok
Sanogo and Whaley each player 25-27 minutes, Akok gets about 18, Springs gets 10. It won't be uniform throughout season as I can see Akok being lower in the beginning and higher in the end as he gets his legs back.

Also assuming Sanogo doesn't get in foul trouble as often as this season which limited him to only 17 minutes per game this year.

Reaction Score
whaley doesnt count towards the 13 scholly limit so does hurley still fill all 3 open schollys or just 2 of them?

i think he should stay at 13 players. quality over quantity.

Reaction Score
So we just brought back 4/5 starters on a top 25 tournament team. And bringing in a top 10 national recruiting class + whatever transfers we get. But Andy Katz has us outside of his top 36.....riiiight
A bunch of our own fans on this message board do as well. Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Does Whaley have a chance to set some records next season?
Probably only games, potentially, and because a bunch were cancelled last year and this year he'd have to play 38 to pass Shabazz.

Reaction Score
I don't think we see SJ until Sophomore year. He has skills, but think he isn't as polished yet as Diggins and Hawkins who I see pushing for PT right away.

For the 4/5 spots, I presume it goes as follows:

• 15 minutes Whaley
  • 15 minutes Akok
  • 10 minutes Springs
  • 25 minutes Sanogo
  • 12 minutes Whaley (combined 27, which is what he averaged this season)
  • 3 minutes Akok
Sanogo and Whaley each player 25-27 minutes, Akok gets about 18, Springs gets 10. It won't be uniform throughout season as I can see Akok being lower in the beginning and higher in the end as he gets his legs back.

Also assuming Sanogo doesn't get in foul trouble as often as this season which limited him to only 17 minutes per game this year.
Probably the right breakdown amongst those guys but I'd be surprised if there weren't any lineups with Martin/Jackson at the 4

Reaction Score
where's samson? i'm giving springs 10 mins to him, hopefully

That's pretty unlikely imo. Springs has already been in the building two years and will have another offseason to improve. Springs should be good enough defensively to get minutes and is supposedly a great rebounder and sports a mid range game that opens things up.

Samson has a massive uphill battle for minutes this season just in terms of getting up to speed defensively but also getting accustomed to the speed of the college game. Very excited for him long term but I don't see it happening now.

Reaction Score
Frontline will be the best in the BE and among the best in the country. Sanogo, Whalley and TMart backed up by Samson, Akok and AJax? ? If the backcourt improves and/or we pick up another shooter this team is top 10 going into the season.

Reaction Score
Samson has a massive uphill battle for minutes this season just in terms of getting up to speed defensively but also getting accustomed to the speed of the college game. Very excited for him long term but I don't see it happening now.
Heard similar things about Sanogo. Samson is a ridiculous talent. He will make an impact next season.

Reaction Score
That's pretty unlikely imo. Springs has already been in the building two years and will have another offseason to improve. Springs should be good enough defensively to get minutes and is supposedly a great rebounder and sports a mid range game that opens things up.

Obviously just my opinion here, but... I think Samson gets the minutes over Springs by January. He's just as unpolished as Akok was coming out of HS but the length and versatility got Akok what 30 mins a game?

Samson will be missing that half a redshirt year, but profiles a pretty similar way.

The only freshman I'd bet money on getting 20+ minutes a game is Hawkins though.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
recipe pork GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member