Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley is back!, thread cleaned up

Reaction Score
Great News! Can't wait to see him next year. Looking forward to seeing him push his game further along. Things I would love to see:

-Same great tenacious perimeter and interior D
-Return to ~70% FT shooting; Increase finishing % around the rim by ~10%
-Shooting 2-3 3pt shots a game. Doing it in-rhythm, without hesitation. Targeting ~35% clip.

Dude is such a hard worker; I'd expect all those have a good chance of happening.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really helpful for our defense and depth at the center and PF spots. I hope he keeps working on his shooting.

Reaction Score
Great now keep working on that outside shot , 3pt and 10 footer baseline jumper, and handle and you are golden to be an impact 4 on the offensive side too. He can do it for sure based on history with us.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Our frontcourt is insanely good!

Whaley, Sanogo, Akok, Johnson, Springs...very good quintet there. Then thinking of our wings with Martin, Jackson, Hawkins...very good size on this team!
this actually means something when u say it, mr. 'i explained why baylor will be the champs months ago.' comforting. lol.

Reaction Score
Excited The Oa GIF by NETFLIX

Reaction Score
Assuming they buy in to the plan, bringing in Akok and Samson Johnson as the bigs off the bench is going to be so fun. That's a ridiculous defensive frontcourt
in theory, an improved springs will also compete for minutes at the 4 and maybe even the 5. so much depth!

Reaction Score
Frankly I’m shocked the professional opportunities must be dry.. It’s hard to believe Whaley couldn’t hook up but Polley can so
who knows.
I thought for sure he could find a G league spot . Crazy basketball situation
If he works on the the shot snd he becomes a lot more valuable .

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Awesome news, but don’t imagine this is great news for some others on the roster...
You have to wonder what Springs is thinking....

There are a lot of variables though- Akok’s health is seemingly still a big question mark. Not sure what Samson can produce his freshman year.
So maybe Springs can get some good PT next season, but if Akok is 100% it’s hard to see him seeing floor too much.

Sanogo and Whaley will obviously get the lion’s share of PT.

Reaction Score
Great News! Can't wait to see him next year. Looking forward to seeing him push his game further along. Things I would love to see:

-Same great tenacious perimeter and interior D
-Return to ~70% FT shooting; Increase finishing % around the rim by ~10%
-Shooting 2-3 3pt shots a game. Doing it in-rhythm, without hesitation. Targeting ~35% clip.

Dude is such a hard worker; I'd expect all those have a good chance of happening.
I'm hoping je can average in the 3-4 3pt shot range. Hopefully he works on that alot in the offseason.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Great news, does this take us out of the running for Yetna?

Reaction Score
Great news - we just went from top 25 to top 15 in the country next year with him deciding to stay -thanks Isaiah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom