Isaiah Briscoe | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am hearing people say Isaiah Briscoe will play mostly sg with possible some time at pg in college..

Reaction Score
I would love him, but don't see how we get him and keep Ali and Jackson. That's too many deserving guards without considering that we likely will have either Purvis or Hamilton for more than a single season. And where would junior Samuel be on the depth chart?

On the other hand, I guess Kentucky keeps getting all these highly ranked recruits despite steep competition for playing time, so why not us? I know that KO is a hundred times the mentor and coach that Cal is.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Think we still have room for one pure point guard - hopefully Adams or Briscoe. As far as 15-16, we go 7 deep in terms of guards:

Purvis (Jr)
Hamilton (So)
Calhoun (Sr)
Cassell Jr (Jr)
Samuel (Jr)
Ali (Fr)
Jackson (Fr)

Personally I think Purvis will likely be gone, but nonetheless I think Samuel will be a role player in his Jr year, Cassell's ability as a pure pg is iffy, and everyone else is playing the second and third guard spots (Ollie will presumably play 3 guards, stretch 4 and center). Purvis spelled by a combination of Samuel, Jackson, and Briscoe/Adams would be perfect (not to mention all these guys can get time at the 2). Besides, IMO developing guys through limited minutes early on builds skills/maturity and makes them better players in their later years, which hopefully recruits understand instead of just using college as a stepping stone. DeAndre is a good example of that and he came in a top rates recruit.

Reaction Score
I am hearing people say Isaiah Briscoe will play mostly sg with possible some time at pg in college..
He and his dad have said he will play point in College because that's the position he would play in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom