Isaiah Briscoe, First-Team Academic All-American in 16? | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe, First-Team Academic All-American in 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Apparently Donovan Mitchell posted this to his vine. Funny/Sad.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams was also all in on dissing Brisoce late last night. He posted the vine of him blocking his shot and tagged Brisoce saying "You thought you were going to score." Then he posted a bunch of google links that shows Briscoe saying hes going to KY because thats where DRose went...its funny cause DRose went to Memphis.

Adams then about a half hour after he posted them pulled them down.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams was also all in on dissing Brisoce late last night. He posted the vine of him blocking his shot and tagged Brisoce saying "You thought you were going to score." Then he posted a bunch of google links that shows Briscoe saying hes going to KY because thats where DRose went...its funny cause DRose went to Memphis.

Glad he pulled them down, it seems a bit bitter or envious to focus on Briscoe. Lesson learned and he quickly corrected it.

He'll have enough guards in conference to keep him busy.

Reaction Score
Glad he pulled them down, it seems a bit bitter or envious to focus on Briscoe. Lesson learned and he quickly corrected it.

He'll have enough guards in conference to keep him busy.

More than likely, and this is only assumption, Briscoe rubs many kids the wrong way or at least some. I mean there is a certain respect you see amongst those who are the elite and I bet it's hard not to repeat each other.

But it's better to not show the disrespect in the clouds. Better he pulled back no doubt - they may need too!

Reaction Score
Glad he pulled them down, it seems a bit bitter or envious to focus on Briscoe. Lesson learned and he quickly corrected it. He'll have enough guards in conference to keep him busy.
Apparently Briscoe was going after Adams & Mitchell, and Dwayne Bacon got involved too, so it doesn't appear to be just a random event:
CEseIqqUEAAa5gl.jpg
CEseIwAVIAARI8b.jpg

And another pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEseIqeUUAEVWG5.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wish kids would use their names on insta so I could tell who's posting

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh the first one is Briscoe and the other bacon? Why would they have beef with the Brewster kids?

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I guess I'm not social media 'hip'. These kids seem to be engaging in cloud wars which can not be a good thing.

Hopefully one day they can settle things on the court where it belongs. I suspect also when school starts they will all forget about each other until meeting face to face.

Reaction Score
I like that Jalen took it down but it looks like there is alot back story here between some of these kids. I hope Ollie can get Jalen to focus and use that to dominate in games and let his game speak for him. If we play our cards right he'll get to spike Briscoe's show on a national stage somewhere like the elite eight on our way to a final four and championship game, and on Jalen's way to being a first round NBA pick! Thats what we need him to focus on.

LOL i just read the comments and the girl who posted the clip is trying to make it sound like he was just joking. Dude seriously wasnt joking.

Reaction Score
I kinda like it. Too many athletes are all buddy-buddy these days, so I hope Jalen doesn't have a lot of love for a UK guy (especially one who plays a similar position).

Bingo. I never liked Briscoe some did here. I think he's a kid who's game and speed is below the UK level but he has a chance to prove the doubters otherwise. I like our guy a lot better that's for sure!:D

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I kinda like it. Too many athletes are all buddy-buddy these days, so I hope Jalen doesn't have a lot of love for a UK guy (especially one who plays a similar position).
Same, it'd be sick if we met up again in the tourney and they had that extra motivation to kick ass

Reaction Score
I still can't believe briscoe was out here asking what an adjective was. if he was dead ass there is no way he can pass ANY university class.

Reaction Score
Bingo. I never liked Briscoe some did here. I think he's a kid who's game and speed is below the UK level but he has a chance to prove the doubters otherwise. I like our guy a lot better that's for sure!:D
I wasn't wowed by Briscoe the first time I saw him on TV, but was impressed the 2nd time. He's not a burner, but he's quick, strong and has a big time handle. I think he's going to be good for UK and a solid pro. Reminds me a tad of that strong PG that plays for Brooklyn, Williams.

Reaction Score
By all accounts, Jalen is a really good kid. This does not concern me at all. If anything, it shows that he's not backing down from the competition, and he wants to compete.

I don't see anything inappropriate in what he did or said, and he still took the stuff down.

I hope we can see this play out in March, with the rivalry continued (although it has been entirely one-sided and not a rivalry since 2011).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom