Isaiah Abraham vid | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Abraham vid

Reaction Score
After Karaban decides is this what we have left for entertainment?
Frustrated Larry Bird GIF by SB Nation
Yup, I wonder, I wish and I think. Fantasy League.

Reaction Score
We play roughly 30 regular season games.

Often you are just beginning to sharpen your game and narrow your rotation going into the last 1/3 of the season.

During that first 1/3, can we play and beat some teams keeping our starters in reserve on the bench, a scrimmage that counts??

Starting 5 of Abraham, Nowell, Ball, Singare, Ross. Down 5 at the half? Bench a few of the "starters" for second half, and add in 2 or 3 of the next 5 up the depth chart. Still down with 10 minutes to go? Put the full starting lineup on the floor.

I realize that this could affect our KenPom and all the analytic ranking stuff, but if we really have to worry about that for Selection purposes, we are DOOMED anyway. This way, a guy like Abraham or Ross would get a real shot at showing what they can do in a game outside of practice with low risk to either Conference or Tournament chances.

I realize the coaches see these kids every day and have a pretty good idea what the outcome of this little exercise would be, HOWEVER, the Boneyard would have more real data with which to argue with!!
There are less creative and worse ideas out there, so I applaud the thinking, but we've got 4-5 new starters and they're going to need a lot of reps to gel.

Reaction Score
There are less creative and worse ideas out there, so I applaud the thinking, but we've got 4-5 new starters and they're going to need a lot of reps to gel.
While the proposal was a bit tongue in cheek, we really need to find out about these kids in game. There are some kids who are practice players and some who are gamers. Going 9 deep with the roster we have, it might be tough to tell the difference between 6 and 10. Good problems, but doubtful we are going to roll through the tournament again and need to squeeze every bit out of our roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom