Is UNC's Strategy to minimize sanctions to throw the woman's basketball program under the bus? | The Boneyard

Is UNC's Strategy to minimize sanctions to throw the woman's basketball program under the bus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This former UNC WBB player thinks so.

With the NCAA allegations, I am trying to wrap my head around how the women’s basketball team has been made the scapegoat in all of this. Our program was not the only team in the report, yet we are the ones being talked about the most. Roy Williams and his program were in the report, and he got a contract extension. The football program was in the report, and its coaching staff was confident enough to tell recruits that they will not receive any repercussions from the NCAA investigation.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article27955738.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction Score
Yeh!! Southern Miss and Tyndel will get hammered now and they will pat themselves on the back and declare how tough they have been. The more stuff that comes out against UNC is bad news for Southern Miss.

Reaction Score
Couldn't be more obvious. Everyone knows what UNCheat really did by now though. They may not receive justice from the NCAA, but at least we can take some solace in the fact that this story is not dying and more and more people are learning the truth. People aren't THAT stupid.

Reaction Score
when are we finally going to find out what their penalty is?

it feels like these violations have been known about for 3 years now

Reaction Score
Roy Williams writes 7 sentences to a cancer patient and it earns an ESPN article. What a saint. How could someone like that perpetuate a program-wide academic fraud scandal for years. I'm sure he was way too busy with all these sentences he's been writing to have noticed anything was going on with his team for which he is paid millions a year to manage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebask...coach-roy-williams-sends-letter-to-ailing-fan

Reaction Score
So we're mad at him for only writing seven sentences? Come on, dude, this is a good thing - regardless of how you feel about him. Get some perspective.

Reaction Score
This former UNC WBB player thinks so.

With the NCAA allegations, I am trying to wrap my head around how the women’s basketball team has been made the scapegoat in all of this. Our program was not the only team in the report, yet we are the ones being talked about the most. Roy Williams and his program were in the report, and he got a contract extension. The football program was in the report, and its coaching staff was confident enough to tell recruits that they will not receive any repercussions from the NCAA investigation.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/op-ed/article27955738.html#storylink=cpy
Tar heel hoops is a sacred cow. NCAA triple standards for all programs not deamed STORIED! UK, DUKE, UNC. but not UCONN. Our kids went to class. Which is considered worse than the UNC players, not even going to class.

Reaction Score
So we're mad at him for only writing seven sentences? Come on, dude, this is a good thing - regardless of how you feel about him. Get some perspective.

He's skating in a situation other schools/programs would be drowning. It is his program like it was Jim Calhoun's when they roasted him and UConn - would you like more perspective that that??:rolleyes:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Him sending a note to a cancer patient is nice (if not just a PR ploy) ESPN covering this act of "selflessness" during this scandal investigation is ridiculous. They are acting like his pr team.

Reaction Score
When you hear there has been academic impropriety at a school and it involved the football team and both the men's and women's basketball teams, I think the average college sports fan will believe that the women's basketball team must have been the biggest culprit. Look how many of them leave early for the pros. They clearly aren't there for the education. </sarcasm>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom