Is UCONN Football positioning for independence? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Is UCONN Football positioning for independence?

Reaction Score
It's not happening, plain and simple. This is part of the off-season stuff I dislike, but it is expected
Of course it is not happening, unless UConn wants to receive even less income than it does now or it wants to step back to FCS to lose less money. I think the latter question was answered when they hired HCREv2.0. The former question is ridiculous on the face of it. Can't wait for April 21, 1900 hours. Also hoping for some openness to the press during spring practice.

Reaction Score
What people also miss is that UConn is not really a great fit for the Big East any more. Size facilities athletic budget national university public. Really with the exception of Georgetown nobody,which is also a national profile, has been albeit smaller and Catholic, the rest of the league are smallish regional institutions mostly Catholic.

Reaction Score
Wow.. that must have been a good strain!:p

Miss Rothstein stirring the crap again yesterday?
I must have. There's no logic in these moves suggested.

You freaks have an obsession with weed, apparently. Can we stop making fun of it, considering I use it for medical reasons? Mentioned that before. Otherwise, I wouldn't be doing this crap. Way safer than alcohol, too. (WTF?) I'll be on fentanyl patches soon, too, if that makes you feel better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You freaks have an obsession with weed, apparently. Can we stop making fun of it, considering I use it for medical reasons?

Big supporter of medical marijuana if that's what makes someone's quality of life easier/better... my bad.

I'll just make fun of your post w/o the weed references in the future ;)

Reaction Score
The most telling part of this is that BYU is on here TWICE. They are the most prestigious program operating as an independent and they are stuck in a yearly deal traveling to UMass. If it won't work for a traditional program with their own ESPN deal, history of championships and a global religious following it will not work for UConn. Until a better conference situation appears, I'll take the yearly Cincy/USF/Temple games and the ability to actually attract a few P5 home and homes.

Honestly I'm shocked that this thread has made it 6 pages.

It doesn't really work for anybody. Notre Dame, repeat Notre Dame, needs a scheduling agreement with The ACC just to guarantee credible access to bowls. BYU is nearly shut out entirely. Unless they are undefeated or a strong 11-1, the best they get is some terrible third tier bowl tie in. These programs have both won national titles in the modern era and are considered to bring national followings of credible size. No disrespect to UConn, but what the hell could they hope to negotiate?

Reaction Score
Big supporter of medical marijuana if that's what makes someone's quality of life easier/better.. my bad.

I'll just make fun of your post w/o the weed references in the future ;)

I'm pretty sure 95% of the boneyarders who have more than 1,000 posts would qualify for medical marijuana. Not sure what the illness would be, but I'm quite sure we would qualify instantly.

All for medical marijuana, by the way.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure 95% of the boneyarders who have more than 1,000 posts would qualify for medical marijuana. Not sure what the illness would be, but I'm quite sure we would qualify instantly.

All for medical marijuana, by the way.
Of course you are. Gateway drug.
Whatever feels good man. No rules, no laws, whatever.

Reaction Score
Alcohol is the gateway drug in this society. You're welcome.

This thread has been derailed. That's a good thing, right??

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
A. Alcohol to heroin
B Weed to heroin

Pick your gateway drug amigos

A? Ummm no.

Reaction Score
A. Alcohol to heroin
B Weed to heroin

Pick your gateway drug amigos

A? Ummm no.
Alcohol is how people start getting intoxicated here in the first place. That's a gateway drug. Illegal to illegal was a dumb comparison. Weed is legal now. You know opioid medicines are synthetic heroin, right?

Reaction Score

The whole gateway drug theory has been thoroughly debunked. Correlation does not causation.

a. Most heroin users started with marijuana.
b. Most heroin users wore pants.
c. Does marijuana cause heroin use?
d. Do pants cause heroin use?
e. Since very few users of marijuana or wearers of pants go on to use heroin, we know that it does not cause heroin use.

Marijuana as a Gateway Drug: The Myth That Will Not Die

Reaction Score
Right. Just as most people who drink wine don't become alcoholics, most users of marijuana don't go on to other drugs. Nor do most wearers of pants, though occasionally some do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The whole gateway drug theory has been thoroughly debunked. Correlation does not causation.

Most heroin users wore pants. Do pants cause heroin use?
Unclear, but Sean Connery is not a heroin user, so there's another data point for you.
dennis_kilt.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom