Is tonight a must win? | The Boneyard

Is tonight a must win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Losing to a seven win team late in the season bringing our record to 2-3 in the last five games would be a blow to our NCAA chances. That wouldn't be good.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
All I've heard is we are a tournament lock... so I guess not.

Reaction Score
All I've heard is we are a tournament lock... so I guess not.

You're not reading very well.

People are saying that if UConn wins games against the dreck, it is a lock. It doesn't need to upset SMU to get in.

Put it this way: if UConn loses 5 straight games to end the season, it's not getting in, and no one disagrees with that.

But a team with a BPI in the top 25 is a virtual lock, if it takes care of business against the dreck.

Reaction Score
100% must win. Don't want a 200+ rpi loss on the resume.

Loss would....
- put us in the play-in round minimally if not totally out
- would make @SMU a must to get us back in tourney
- loss to USF & SMU would make AAC tourney championship a must

Our path pretty clear right now....beat everyone but SMU to end the season....no way they can keep us out then.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. A big shining point on our resume is no bad losses (call the Temple losses what you may but in the eyes of the committee a Tournament/Bubble team isnt a bad loss)

Reaction Score
The two losses at home to Temple and Cinncy
removed an possibility for error.Those losses were game changers.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
This and UCF are must wins in terms of keeping one our best resume features intact, no bad losses RPI wise.

Can we just pin this thread, since it appears every couple days anyways.

Reaction Score
You're not reading very well.

People are saying that if UConn wins games against the dreck, it is a lock. It doesn't need to upset SMU to get in.

Put it this way: if UConn loses 5 straight games to end the season, it's not getting in, and no one disagrees with that.

But a team with a BPI in the top 25 is a virtual lock, if it takes care of business against the dreck.
Exactly correct. What people have been saying is that it is so unlikely that we don't get in that it is unreasonable to even speak of it. There is a big difference between improbable and impossible. Not getting in is not even highly improbable, depending on what your tolerance is for calling something highly improbable. The chance of UConn losing 2 or more of the remaining regular season games AND not winning the AAC tournament is 13.5%. So we look good but I wouldn't call 13.5% a crazy hypothetical.

Reaction Score
Losing to a seven win team late in the season bringing our record to 2-3 in the last five games would be a blow to our NCAA chances. That wouldn't be good.
Stop creating stupid threads, of course it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom