Is This What Got Coach Burns Fired? | The Boneyard

Is This What Got Coach Burns Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
San Diego - Link

Can't believe those two incidental contacts got the ass't coach $250,000 and Burns fired.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Who knows. But if this is the only issue, every coach on America is likely in trouble. These fall under the 'slap on the back' congratulations that might be inappropriate in an office environment but are standard practice in all sports.
Of course this is just a newspaper identification of two incidents and with no one talking and no reporting on the reasons for the $250,000 payment it is certainly not clear that there are not much graver issues involved.

HGN

Reaction Score
I just watched the video........Burns didn't get fired over that. Couldn't have. There has to be more that SDSU is not telling. A mere slap on the arm , and a clipboard slap in the lap of an assistant , and you are fired ? Come on.:confused:

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I just watched the video........Burns didn't get fired over that. Couldn't have. There has to be more that SDSU is not telling. A mere slap on the arm , and a clipboard slap in the lap of an assistant , and you are fired ? Come on.:confused:

I agree - there just has to be more to this story. That alone is such a bogus reason to fire someone.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If common sense ruled the day, I would tend to agree that that wouldn't be enough. Today, who can say? While I tend to agree there is more to the situation, we live in a very messed up world about some things. If the guy got a quarter of a million for that??

Reaction Score
I'm sure there's more to it.
But what she did was inappropriate.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If you're an AD/Head Coach would you hire the Asst Coach even if he was a good one? I'm not sure I would.

Reaction Score
They're kidding right???? There has to be more behind the scene on this. It just has to be?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'm sure there's more to it.
But what she did was inappropriate.
It is inappropriate - however, IMHO, at a level that a simple apology ought to suffice.

I was once back-slapped so hard and unexpectedly by a boss - who was probably 65 at the time - that I almost fell. He immediately apologized for the strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom