Is this the start of a trend? UAB shuts down Football | The Boneyard

Is this the start of a trend? UAB shuts down Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There will likely be more programs shut down as long as the G5 conferences insist on playing for the same trophies as the P5.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
No. UAB has nothing to do with cost of attendance or anything like that.

It's about Bryant Jr writing blank checks to build facilities at Tuscaloosa...now the chickens are coming home to roost and the Bama BOT wants to fundamentally change UAB as a university to force Birmingham undergrads to Tuscaloosa.

UAB had Jimbo Fisher hired, and plans to build this:
15499634_BG1.jpg

But Bryant Jr wants his pound of flesh...

Reaction Score
There are a few teams on their schedule I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up for our schedule... We already have Tennessee, but adding Kentucky wouldn't be a bad idea... or playing agains Troy.... Georgia State is cupcake city, but they're still at FBS level so they count....

Reaction Score
No. UAB has nothing to do with cost of attendance or anything like that.

It's about Bryant Jr writing blank checks to build facilities at Tuscaloosa...now the chickens are coming home to roost and the Bama BOT wants to fundamentally change UAB as a university to force Birmingham undergrads to Tuscaloosa.

UAB had Jimbo Fisher hired, and plans to build this:
15499634_BG1.jpg

But Bryant Jr wants his pound of flesh...
Care to explain?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There are a few teams on their schedule I wouldn't mind seeing us pick up for our schedule... We already have Tennessee, but adding Kentucky wouldn't be a bad idea... or playing agains Troy.... Georgia State is cupcake city, but they're still at FBS level so they count....

I've long thought that UCONN/Kentucky should get together for a basketball/football showcase showdown. Home and homes for both sports.

Reaction Score
I've long thought that UCONN/Kentucky should get together for a basketball/football showcase showdown. Home and homes for both sports.
Most recent basketball recruitments makes this an intriguing idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom