is this a good lesson for Bria | Page 2 | The Boneyard

is this a good lesson for Bria

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That was your first mistake, DC. Listening to the analysts..lol.

The only thing I thought about it was that there was something more to it. Sitting her after 4 minutes for the rest of the game? No way it was performance based.

I also thought there had to be something more to it as Bria didn't play any worse than the other four starters during the first 4-5 minutes of the game.

Reaction Score
doesnt mean that its ok to be mean and nasty... or critial about every lil thing they do (or dont do)
That isn't what I meant. Boards give people the right to criticize even if it isn't warranted. And UCONN WBB is always under a lot of scrutiny and everyone has an opinion. People must understand that and let all that garbage go. That includes the players family and possible recruits. If not, it could drive someone crazy. And my reference to Alcorn State was because a friend of mine went there and said they had a laid back who cares type of attitude toward sports. No disrespect intended.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
That isn't what I meant. Boards give people the right to criticize even if it isn't warranted. And UCONN WBB is always under a lot of scrutiny and everyone has an opinion. People must understand that and let all that garbage go. That includes the players family and possible recruits. If not, it could drive someone crazy. And my reference to Alcorn State was because a friend of mine went there and said they had a laid back who cares type of attitude toward sports. No disrespect intended.

There are some things I'd add. 1) Don't type anything you wouldn't say to someone's face and 2) remove anonymous posting 3) allow, if not insist, that everyone be allowed to contact posters, and that poster should be required to respond at least once 4) dialogues of such nature could be facilitated by moderators at the request of either poster 5) There should be a board site visitor -- that is, someone who visits the worksite of a poster and is welcome to use the same language the poster used to evaluate the poster's day-to-day work ethic and quality...

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
the sideline reporter should have dug deeper... Lobo would have gotten to the bottom of the "Bria benching"
I didn't notice the sideline reporter interviewing Geno after the game. Could have missed it.

But Geno sure didn't give her any chance to ask him more than one question at half-time. Not sure how she could have 'dug deeper' then.

It's a big reason why I was eager to watch Geno's post-game presser. I was confident that he would be asked about Bria's lack of playing time which would clarify the matter.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
doesnt mean that its ok to be mean and nasty... or critial about every lil thing they do (or dont do)

All true, but I haven't seen that and most certainly not about Bria. You started this thread implying Bria was being punished by Geno and asking whether she would respond and play well Monday night or "clam up." I'm not sure what clamming up would look like but no one in this thread has been mean or nasty towards Bria. I can understand why you and others believed her lack of PT was performance-based (4 starters benched) but I don't recall reading posts that were nasty. What am I missing?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
If you don't want to be under a magnifying glass and take undue criticism... go play at Alcorn State. This is UCONN, parents and recruits should toughen up along with the players.

In addition to to telling parents and players what to do, you take a shot at another group of players at another University. Nice.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
There are some things I'd add. 1) Don't type anything you wouldn't say to someone's face and 2) remove anonymous posting 3) allow, if not insist, that everyone be allowed to contact posters, and that poster should be required to respond at least once 4) dialogues of such nature could be facilitated by moderators at the request of either poster 5) There should be a board site visitor -- that is, someone who visits the worksite of a poster and is welcome to use the same language the poster used to evaluate the poster's day-to-day work ethic and quality...

I especially like the worksite visits...that should toughen up the posters...

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I didn't notice the sideline reporter interviewing Geno after the game. Could have missed it.

But Geno sure didn't give her any chance to ask him more than one question at half-time. Not sure how she could have 'dug deeper' then.

It's a big reason why I was eager to watch Geno's post-game presser. I was confident that he would be asked about Bria's lack of playing time which would clarify the matter.
good point... thats why some of us "assumed" (yeah yeah yeah) she was in the doghouse

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
All true, but I haven't seen that and most certainly not about Bria. You started this thread implying Bria was being punished by Geno and asking whether she would respond and play well Monday night or "clam up." I'm not sure what clamming up would look like but no one in this thread has been mean or nasty towards Bria. I can understand why you and others believed her lack of PT was performance-based (4 starters benched) but I don't recall reading posts that were nasty. What am I missing?
you're not properly following this thread... I was responding to Reno last comment about "families and recruits reading the board etc"

and if you dont know what clam up looks like... I cant help you

Reaction Score
In addition to to telling parents and players what to do, you take a shot at another group of players at another University. Nice.
Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black.

Reaction Score
Bria's so funny.

She assumes, regardless of her physical situation, that it must have been the way she's playing. That it couldn't possibly be a physical issue out of her control and Geno was trying to be nice. Even if Geno said she was ill. A writer once said she was a bit like the black knight from Monty Python. I definitely see the resemblance.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno:

"At practice on Friday she was really bad physically, she was just bad," Auriemma said. "She was all stuffed up, coughing and hacking and it was bad. We went out to dinner Friday night and it was no better, it was really bad. At shootaround Saturday it wasn't any better. I told her you are either going to try to play through this or you are not playing. She gave it a little bit of a go and I could tell by her body language that it wasn't worth it.

Bria:

Hartley was ill, still coughing today. But as far as she is concerned it wasn’t an illness that kept her out the game.

“That was the Coach’s decision, but all I could do is sit there and try to encourage my teammates,’’ Hartley said.
Hartley was not sure whether or not she was going to again play in the game after Auriemma pulled her and fellow starters Caroline Doty, Kelly Faris and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis with 15:34 left in the first half.

“He just said at halftime that Moriah (Jefferson) was starting the second half,’’ Hartley said.

I think Geno kept Bria on the bench because Moriah was playing so well. If Moriah had played poorly, Geno might've played Bria despite her not feeling well. Fortunately it didn't come to that.

Reaction Score
I think Geno kept Bria on the bench because Moriah was playing so well. If Moriah had played poorly, Geno might've played Bria despite her not feeling well. Fortunately it didn't come to that.

I think you are right...Geno must have wanted a last game situation check on the progress of Moriah and Morgan prior to tonight's game...and he must have been pleased...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom